Saturday, March 7, 2009

Diagnosis: Bed Rest

That's right folks. Bed rest. Last night or should I say early morning I woke up with horrible back pain and what felt like menstrual cramps. These pains were continuous for an hour and a half. See it was 5 am and I felt so bad calling my mom to see if these were normal pains or not so I waited until 6:30. I woke my mom up, asked my question and she said that I should go to the hospital because it sounded like labor pains to her. Baby girl is not due for 5 weeks so this threw me off quite a bit and I began to worry. As much as I want her out, she is not done cooking yet and I am in no way ready (i.e room, necessities, the list goes on and on and on) for her to make her debut. My mom called back and said I should call the doctor just to make sure the hospital was the best choice. The on call doctor said to lay down and drink lots of water, if my contractions don't let up at all then I should go to the hospital. Well I have been laying down all day and I want to pull my hair out! This is so not me. I feel so helpless. I feel so stressed out. I feel completely overwhelmed. Ive just been looking at my house thinking about all the things I would rather be doing(cleaning, shopping for those things I don't have,going to a baby shower,laundry) The contractions have been going on and off all day, none have been as bad as this morning. I truly hope this is not a permanent thing. I could very well lose my mind.

11 comments:

Cam and Mele said...

oh my heck Whitney, scary!!!!! PLEASE tell me what I can do, what necessities do you need!!??
Keep us updated, I will say a prayer that little one will stay in the oven for a while longer!

☂niki. said...

don't worry us like this!

i hope everything is okay.

actually, i know it will be okay.

i hope you can keep your sanity.

love ya girl! and baby girl!

Annie said...

Girl, not to scare you or anything but you need to prepare yourself for a possible early delivery. You've got a Vance baby in there...heaven knows your tiny frame may not be able to keep that girl in for much longer. I will think happy thoughts for you. The good thing is that Presley will be just fine should she pop out now.

Bedrest is no fun. If this turns out to be permanent until she come I'll e-mail you with ideas to keep your sanity while you sit and wait. I came up with some good ones when I was on bedrest with both of my punks.

Jo Dee said...

having been on bedrest for my first and last babies I can tell you it is quite boring but it also gives you a "required" rest and trust me you will need it come baby birthing time! Best of Luck! I have a few great books you can read if you end up in bed for the next 5 weeks.

Jami said...

do not worry, I am already planning on coming out this week to help you get everything done!
I just love you too much to allow you to worry about not getting things done. I will do it for you!

Jonathan and Sarah said...

That is scary! Something similar happened to me at 32 weeks. Not near as bad but it scared me. I had about 3 or 4 bad menstrual type cramps and some loose stool. I was like "What?!" I looked up what those symptoms meant in my What To Expect When You're Expecting book and it was like prelabor stuff. I waited till the next morning to call the doctor because it was like midnight when it happened to me. Sounds like you have alot of people around you who are available and willing to help which is good. Take care of yourself and take advantage of the rest!!!

{Steve and Amanda} said...

So scary! I'm glad the baby is still in there. Hopefully she will stay in there for at least a few more weeks. She just wants to see her mommy :) I hope it will continue to get better. I wouldn't be able to stand being on bed rest. Good thing you have school out of the way and don't have to worry about that.

RatalieNose said...

You'll both be i my prayers!

Annie said...

comment, comment, comment away girl. no need to be shy. i love your husband! i can relate with those last few weeks of being pregnant girl....NOT FUN!!!

Full House said...

Oh sugar! I know bed rest sucks. I can feel you on this one. Hmmm I wished I knew how to sew. Isn't the bumper the only thing left? Don't fret and try to let go of everything because heaven knows it's so not in our control. I only had 4.5 months of strict bedrest to only get up and pee and look at me I'm only part cookoo, there's hope for you.

I'll call you tomorrow and make sure you're ok.

Camille said...

Oh my gosh! This is happening on lots of blogs I've been reading lately! Crazy.

Maybe you could play video games---I never do, but if I was on bed rest, I might give it a shot.

Other ideas:

-Practise moving objects around with your mind, like Matilda.

-Take the opportunity to buy a She-Whee, and never have to move if you want to pee.

-Sudoku

-Plan a vacation, even if it's one you'll never take.

Good luck!