Monday, October 12, 2009

Trials

"The lord compenstes the faithful for EVERY loss..... every tear today will eventually be returned a hundred fold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude!"
-Elder Wirthlin
I read this quote on my cousins blog and Immediately started crying. There have been several events this past week that tears have been shed. Not only by myself but by friends and family as well. Sometimes we take for granted the blessings we have. My family is no stranger to trials. And although I may not have been effected personally this week of trials I have been reminded once again what a wonderful life I truly have. I have an amazing family who sticks by me through everything. I have a wonderful husband, a beyond beautiful healthy baby, and many more countless blessings. But most importantly I have Christ and without Him I have nothing. I am so grateful for the gospel. It strengthens me in ways I never knew possible.

9 comments:

ConnieB said...

My sister-in-law had the same quote up today. What a great one. I love the gospel- it helps me everyday. Thanks for this post! I'm glad things are looking up (:

Jo Dee said...

thanks for the uplift, I surely needed it today. I am saying to myself every single day of the past 6 months that the Lord will not ask me to bear anything I cannot handle. He has a lot of faith in me lately!

Corey and Brittnee said...

Amen to all that you just said!! We truly are so blessed to have the amazing family that we have. And even more blessed to have the gospel in our lives and our savior and older brother Jesus Christ!! Its through him and family that we get through all of our trial, as we know and have experienced! I love you so much!!

Brea said...

Whitney, I loved this post. I needed to read that today! I too am feeling some of the emotional feelings you mentioned and what a great reminder it is to know that Christ is always there and always comforting us in trials, joy, hardship, love and so much more. Thank you so much.

Debbie said...

well said!

The Clarks said...

Beautiful post Whit! Thank you.

Anonymous said...

so, so lovely!

RatalieNose said...

Too true Whit, too true!

Alexa Mae said...

Thank you. I needed this...lots. love you!