Sunday, October 3, 2010

Holy Catastrophe

I was born with as much hair as Presley has now. It was quite surprising to me when Presley made her appearance that she didnt have TONS of dark hair. No our sweet Miss P was born with blonde hair and somedays it even looks red. The other day I was going through my picture box at my parents house looking for a particular picture. I had a few goodlaughs that led to crying because I was DIEING at what I was wearing or how my hair was done. Ive had many different hairstyles through the years I figured out. Most of the time I am just wondering why on earth anyone let me out of the house.

If there is a big gap between years it only means my hair was the same. Except between 9th and Senior my hair got longer and lighter than shorter and darker after I decided to back to brown at my cousins wedding on a whim. I didnt have any good pictures of just me and my hair so you will just have to imagine it.

For your viewing pleasure. Hopefully I keep friends after this.

Bum budda Dum...
"Hairstyles throughout Whitneys life"...
Photobucket

Dont Worry in 5th Grade that stinking sunflower shirt was my all time favorite shirt and now I hang my head in Shame. Please also excuse 5th grade in general. Im sure everyone had that one particular awkard brace face permed hair year. Right?..........right? In 6th grade I was trying to grow my hair out therefore leading to half permed half straight hair that remained in a ponytail the entire year until the hairdresser I went to "accidently" cut my hair off at the permed hair. I cried for days. It was horrible. I still blame my mother.
After Senior Year I continued to grow out my hair. It got longer. I havent colored it since 11th grade. Im actually afraid to get it cut more than an inch for fear my hair will never be the same.
I am happy to say my style has gotten better. Oh the awkward years. Thank heavens Zach and I werent childhood friends. Im sure he could never look at me the same way.

11 comments:

The Clarks said...

I'm loving all the hair do's. I think it's better to have lots of different ones than all the same...which is what all of my pictures look like. I'm finally trying to grow my hair out! Ps you're gorgeous.

Ashlee Martin Smith said...

This made my day. Absolutely made. my. day. I love your hair now-but junior year blonde flipped out is a close second.

Ashlee Martin Smith said...

And by junior year I mean 9th grade.

Molly said...

Every girl born 85-87 has those exact same pictures! Don't be so hard on yourself, or your mom for that matter. We were SO in style... at least I keep telling myself that!

Mars said...

oh man, I think we all have pictures where we wonder who let us out of the house. And now...you're a beautiful butterfly :)

Emily said...

So you don't know this but back when you were in 7th grade, I came to a Carson choir concert for Brent and you sang a solo or something but I totally loved your hair, short and with bangs, I remember it and wanted my hair to be like that, I didn't even know you than but I was so jealous of your beautiful hair! but I had boy hair so I couldn't do it! Ha ha! love our old hair styles!

Unknown said...

I totally have PLENTY of awkward pictures through out school! What were our parents thinking??

I'm lovin' your 9th grade "flip out"!

Breeann said...

Yes!! I feel as though I lived all of those styles with you and all those pictures bring back a flood of memories. I swear I remember all of them like they were yesterday! Totally remember the sunflower sweater shirt and you wearing it while we were visiting or something. This created some chuckles for me. You are brave, I will not even put any pictures of my younger years up, now that would truly be a catastrophe. Seriously us Utah girls had the poof bangs down! The bigger the better, you know what I'm talking about, ;) haha!

ConnieB said...

hahahaha! That's exactly how I feel about Tony and I- GOOD thing he didn't know me. Although, I think you looked great through the years! You were definitely "in style" anyway. I thought for sure I would look back and think "man I was a cool kid, so hip, so IN." But now, like you, I just laugh and hang my head (;

Bethany said...

Oh man I remember some of those childhood years and hairstyles! haha and I am pretty sure I am still in my awkward phase! haha

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

great post, great blog :)