Thursday, February 3, 2011

Goals

In 2010 I set one goal. Get fit. I was hoping Zach would follow along and we could do it together. Well, its taken Zach a year to catch on but he is doing it. After only a few weeks of 2011 Zach is ripped. He is eating healthier and working out routinely and is really happy. This year when I was thinking about my goals for the year I came up with a few. In the year 2011 I want to Load the dishwasher every night before I go to bed, Continue with my fitness, and Save enough money to go to Disneyland this summer and Berlin next October. Initially I said save more, spend less which was one of Zachs goal as well but with more thought we came up with having an end goal to our saving. Zach and I are not good savers which is HORRIBLE!!! With a strict budget set and in motion we are learning so much! My grandparents are about to serve their third mission together and this time they are headed to Berlin. When they got called Zach said he would really like to go pick them up when they are released. How could I pass up a trip to Germany? After all thats where I come from.

In other news, The heavens have parted and Presley is now obsessed with "beast". She is so into movies right now and I really dont want her to watch movie after movie. Its the first thing she says to me in the morning, "Mommy beast wake up"," I watch Beast" folllowed but "I eat." At least right now its MY favorite Disney Princess.

P.s ONLY 4 MORE MONTHS TILL THIS HANDSOME BROTHER OF MINE COMES HOME!!
Longest 2 years of my life.

7 comments:

The Littles said...

I would love to go to Europe!!! Good luck, we always set the goal to save too!! Your daughter is just adorable!!

Jonathan and Sarah said...

I will have you know that my little Porter also wants to watch either Mickey Mouse or a movie right when he gets done eating breakfast!(usually Cars or Up) Sometimes it comes in handy when there's things I need or want to do and he can be occupied for a while. Good goals and good jobs doing your goals last year!

Debbie said...

Look at you two!!! Goals are the best because they help us to do something that we usually don't want to do. I'm proud of you both.

Alexa Mae said...

LOL! Presley poo is a cutie!!! And so funny. I need to take after you...I suck so bad at saving. It's embarrassing. ;) I hope you get to go to disneyland and I hope we will get to see you there. ;)

Mars said...

gettting fit and saving money are the 2 best goals! I hope you save enough to go to Germany!

Annie said...

Good job on your fitness goals! And very good job at narrowing your financial goal and making it more specific. I know you will make all your dreams come true. :)
Germany will be a good incentive.
I'm so excited that your bro is coming home soon. I bet he has grown so much.

ConnieB said...

My mom has her heart set on Germany too- her mom was born and raised there. I think that would be such a cool trip. Good luck raising the money- I'm impressed you have something to save FOR. I need to make a cool goal like that (:
See ya tomorrow!! (I'm VERY excited about this)