Two years ago today I went in for my weekly check up with my OBGYN. I was 37 weeks along with Zach and my first baby, a girl, which I could not wait to meet. Through the last couple weeks leading up to this weekly checkup I had been placed on bed rest with outrageously high blood pressure. I had tested negative each time for Toxemia and Preeclampsia so Dr. Beck placed me on bedrest to keep my blood pressure down. While I laid in bed, which was so difficult for me to do, I wondered if I should pack a bag before I went to this checkup, you know just in case the heavens opened and Dr. Beck said I could be induced. I decided I not packing a bag because I had just hit the 37 week mark. I drove myself to my check up but had my mom meet me down there for moral support because Zach had just started a new job and had to work. My doctors appointment start off like the "Norm". I got my weight taken( horrible) and headed to my exam room for the Nurse to take my blood pressure. Immediately after she took my blood pressure, she looked up and stated that I needed to lay on my left side for a few minutes and she would be back to take my blood pressure again. She informed me that my blood pressure had increased dramatically from my previous visit and that it was now at 160/114. A normal blood pressure was 120/80. Anything over a 90 was pretty bad and anything over 100 was Really bad.
Dr. Beck came in and I just burst into tears. I was tired of worrying whether or not I was going to stroke at any moment and I was really concerned for my health and safety and for my Baby's heath and safety. Dr. Beck understood my concerns and left the room and came back within a few minutes to ask if I was ready to have a baby. A little puzzled I reassured him I was definitely ready to have this baby and he sent me on my way to Banner Gateway to check in and start a dose of Pitocin. It was a 2 minute drive and the whole time I giggled. I was giddy to be having this baby. I called Zach and informed him of our "news". He frantically called EVERYONE he knew to tell them and rushed home to pack me a bag, which ended up being completely useless because of all of his Emotions he forgot almost everything I asked him to get. I was started on the Pitocin at 4pm, Asked for the epideral at 7pm not because I was in complete discomfort but just for kicks, Dr. Beck came to break my water around 8pm and by 11pm I was pushing. After 1 1/2 hours of pushing at 12:29 am march 24, 2009, Presley Denise was born weighing 7 lbs 5 ounces, 20.5 inches long.I was completely exhausted,I Could hardly keep my head up and my eyes open to see her but she was perfect. Absolutely perfect. And she was mine. I helped create this wonderful being who was so fresh and new. I have never felt so close to my Heavenly Father and I had never loved Zach more than that very moment.
Fast forward 2 years and my little baby isnt really a baby anymore. She talks, walks, and giggles like a little girl. She certainly has Zach and I completely wrapped around her little finger. I love this little angel and I am so grateful for the blessings she has brought into my life. Zach and I were so fortunate to have had a fairly easy time getting her.
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Baby Mine
Posted by
Whitney
at
9:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










9 comments:
Happy Birthday Miss P!!! What a sweet little post whit. I love it and can't believe you have been a beautiful little mother for two years. It is the greatest blessing and life in this world! I guess it's time to pop out another beauty, hahahha. Come on and join the club. I love you so much and love that we are family!!
Happy Birthday Pres! Love you!
I really like her too. I'm glad that you had her. Even though Grace is mean to her, and P knows how to push her buttons better than anyone.
Amazing story! Love it. Happy Birthday to your little lady. Love you girls.
Happy Birthday Presley! And congrats to you, mom! You've raised a darling little lady
Happy Birthday beautiful Miss P!!! I'm so sad we've only met you once and it was when you were brand new, but we love you from a distance! We love you guys, miss you and hope you enjoy the sweet day:)
Happy Birthday Miss P. You are one lucky duck! Whit, it was so fun reading your birth story now two years later. You were such a trooper. Bless you for all that you went through, but please, don't let that discourage you from having more, especially if they are anything like Miss P. Love your guts.
What a wonderful day that was!!! She just keeps getting cuter and cuter!!
Just wanted to say I miss you!! And I loved your sweet comments lately, thank you:)
Post a Comment