Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

Zach, Presley and I were able to go up to Cedar Haven, Mom and Dad V's home away from home in Showlow. I have been dieing to go up so when this long weekend came up I was eager to head up to Showlow. It was just what we needed. We headed up on Saturday after my dance classes and spent Sunday and Monday morning with Mom and Dad V. They have been working really hard on getting Cedar Haven and it looks so good. On Saturday we had a BBQ with Dad V's new grill and watched a movie. Sunday after church and some much needed nourishment they took us up to Greens peak which was spectacular! It was so beautiful and green. Presley loved that there were cows and horses everywhere she looked. Dad V would stop and name the ones close enough to the car and Presley thought it was awesome. Every cow was a mommy or a baby cow and she would say how cute it was. We loved being in the cooler weather and loved being able to spend time with Mom and Dad V.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

8 comments:

Debbie said...

so nice to have you up in show low with us.

Ashlee Martin Smith said...

Those pictures made me so homesick!! I'm so glad somebody is getting to enjoy that beautiful place and weather!

ConnieB said...

Looks so fun! And a nice escape from the heat

Courtney Vance said...

The house looks so good! I'm glad you had such a good time with them and Miss P is getting so big! I was looking at Debbie's blog and saw your new "baby." Dan and I like it:)

Bethany said...

Your pictures are amazing! And I can't believe how big Presley is! I haven't seen you in so long! I need to change that!

Annie said...

I see that Zoe was lucky enough to come along. :) So glad that you could go up and enjoy the beauty. Oregon is very beautiful too. And just think, if you were HERE on Labor Day you would have been able to slide down the worlds largest slip and slide.

Brea said...

LOVE all the pictures Whit!!! what a beautiful escape from the heat!

Mars said...

cooler weather=dreamy! PS I had to make a new blog and it's not linked to my profile-it's beclassyandfabulousalways{dot}blogspot{dot}com if you want to read. Happy to see you are posting on your blog again :)