Ive been quite the slacker when it comes to blogging lately. Hopefully I can get it together and then I can get my blog friends back.
We have been battling Pee here in the Vance house. Last week we unsuccessfully attempted to Potty train Presley. In 1 hour she peed in 5 different pairs of underwear. She didnt even care. If I wouldn't have been there hovering over her she wouldn't have even told me. We would sit on the potty, read books, drink juice, talk about everyone who went potty in the toilet, sing songs, etc. She could careless if Nana and Baca, Mom and Dad, Grace and Jami, Mimi and Grandpa all went to the potty in the toilet. She would sit on the potty and then as soon as she got up would run into the corner and pee. It even got to the point where she wouldn't even sit on the toilet at all. Not even her Princess potty. So I threw in the towel. Were going to just wait it out for a while. And if she is 5 years old and cant start kindergarten because she isn't potty trained then we have seriously issues.
In other news its seems like I am not potty trained either. Last night after teaching dance all day I got home to a locked house and Zach and Presley were no where to be found. Since Zach is in Young Mens I naturally thought he must be at the church for his Mutual activity. I drove to the church to get keys because I had taken his car to work that didn't have house keys on them. This whole time I have to go to the bathroom EXTREMELY bad, like I had been holding it for atleast 2 hours. I hurried into the church, grabbed Presley, grabbed Keys and headed out to the car. All of a sudden I could feel the tingling of a sneeze coming on. It came, it went, and I peed my pants. Completely peed my pants. My dignity now resides in the church parking lot. It gets better. I had forgotten to give Zach his keys to his car and now my pants were soaking wet. So I sat on a grocery bag home, ran inside to clean myself up and drove back to the church to give him his keys. Ridiculous.
Zach uses the toilet like a champ. He has had no accidents. Presley and I are so proud of him. :)









15 comments:
Haha. This post is hilarious! Mostly because I can so relate. Any time we have jump roping on our workout list at the gym, I know I'm in trouble haha.
Favorite lines: 'my dignity now resides in the church parking lot' and 'Zach uses the toilet like a champ. He has had no accidents. Presley and I are so proud of him." Hahaha. Seriously so funny.
hahahaha. I just died. Also, good to know that I am not the only one who is unsuccessful in the potty training a 2 yr. old department.
You have officially made me laugh out loud.
I love everything about this post.
Zach is such a good boy.
um, sister wife, you need to kegel???
And I can't believe you didn't call right after this happened. It would have made my entire LIFE!
Hahahaha. You're my fav. Coming to Chicago soon? (I can totally tinkle-proof my house!)
Haha I've peed my pants one too many times to be able to judge you! Love your story! See you tonight!
Hilarious! I miss you! We'll be home in one week! Hollerrrr.
Don't stress Presley not being potty trained yet. I totally stressed it with my oldest and my Pediatrician kept telling me that when she is ready, it will be so easy. And of course, she was right. I pushed her to be potty trained because I felt everyone else was but when I finally just waited and did it when she was ready, it was a piece of cake. And that didn't happen until she was 3.
My next one turs 3 next month and we are just starting. My Mom thinks I am crazy to wait so long but honestlyh, it isn't worth the fight. Good luck!
I am soooo laughing right now.!!
PS( the trick to potty training is no underwear and follow their naked little bottoms around the house ALL day. )
Hahaha Oh girl I feel your pain! I have been potty training Claire the past few weeks. I wouldnt have even attempted it yet since she is only 2 in a few weeks. But Last month she got up from the dinner table grabbed her diaper and said "Potty!" and ran to it. So we began the process. She is getting it about 65% of time roughly.... I have kept her diaper and panties off and bought a little potty. I have it out in the living room right now and so when she feels the urge she goes and sits on it. I think half of the battle is A: Knowing the feeling of having to go B:Telling someone you need to go and C: Learning how to hold it until you can make it to a potty
Hang in there and she will get it!!! At least thats what i keep telling myself. haha
I just seriously laughed out loud. Thanks for making my day :). Miss you guys TONS!
You're in good company sista. Do you remember the Walmart story? If not, I will have to tell it to you again. No bladder control what so ever.
P.S. Don't sweat the potty training thing. Willful children especially just need to feel like they are in control. She'll do it...on her timeline of course. I can send you diaper coupons if you like, you know, to help lessen the burden. :) Speaking of, did you know that diapers on amazon.com are seriously so cheap. You have to be a member of the mom's group (free) and sign up for "subscribe and save" (of which you can cancel right away) but you end up getting diapers for like $0.12 each which is cheaper than Costco even when they have their $5 off coupons. Wow, you just got a mouthful. Love you! :)
Since having kids I pee sneeze all the time. It's awful.
hahahahahahahahahahha, I laughed and laughed and laughed some more~not at you, with you because yikes, children never leave one the same...for many reasons.
haha I'm dying right now. This is awesome. At least you had keys to go home and change :)
Post a Comment