Friday, May 11, 2012

Chief's room

When we found out we were having a boy I had a really hard time deciding what direction I wanted to go with for his room. Girl things I know, boy things... not so much. Since we cant decide on a name for this little guy I started calling him Chief. Then thanks to pinterest and Lay Baby Lay I decided to do a Native American theme. Here was my inspiration.


Heres how it came out! I really wanted to put in the map of the railway but due to cost found this picture of the Grand Canyon at the beloved Ikea. In the last month I have probably been to ikea maybe 10 times. Im really happy with the outcome. I actually made the leather mobile pictured above but have yet to hang it. Or should I say Zach. He is such a good sport. Ive only had to bribe him a few times.


I still have hopes for this wall with the Buffalo tapestry. It needs more but until I can find what Im looking for it will just have to stay like this.


Sometimes I just go in his room and sit. Im so excited for him to come I can hardly stand myself.

4 comments:

Annie said...

What a fun theme! I absolutely love it. And why not name him Chief? It's kind of cute ya know. That little boy is going to be so loved. I can't wait to nuzzle my face into his and smell his fresh sweet babyness. I wuv him. Come on June/July, come on!

Debbie said...

Well done...that little guy is going to love all of the fun things to look at. And Chief??? I definitely love that at bit more than Trebor. :-) But either way, we will adore him.

Luke and Niki said...

Very cute and very unique! I am just starting to collect stuff for our babes room, still a long way to finishing it! We need to get together again and take a prego pic before you have your little Mohican. ;)

Brea said...

oh my gosh! I am so out of the loop!! I had no idea you were having a BOY!! how freaking exciting is that! I love the room idea!