Well Ladies and Gentleman... It has happened. The thing I have taken such PRIDE in while expressing to others that it hasn't happened to me. Apparently I forgot to knock on wood after making such a remark. I, Whitney, have gotten my first speeding ticket. Yes, I know. A completely clean record all thrown away. That tricky little Motorcycle cop. He knew he could pull a fast one and appear OUT OF NO WHERE from behind that HUGE tree. Not even a warning(I would think that my clean record would count for something, right?) He wrote that ticket like he was behind on his quota for the month. Obviously he forgot its not March anymore and that is only the 4th day of April so why start so early on his quota.If I would have written this earlier I probably wouldn't have appeared so calm( maybe calm isnt the right word).So I have three options...#1 Appear in court, #2 pay the fine and #3 endure 4 grueling hours of traffic school. I think there should be option like " Get yourself a Gelato and try to slow down next time." After my encounter with that very great and wonderful motorcycle officer all I could think about is ... What if I got pulled over 2 times in one day? So... I slowed it down.
Friday, April 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









8 comments:
So sorry my dear. Seriously, it stinks getting tickets. I've already gotten two since we've lived in Maryland. After the second one I have been a total granny driver. No more tickets for me...NEVER!
I'm sorry Whit. At least you get to go to traffic school. If it makes you feel any better, Dan got two speeding tickets within in an hour in two different states. And he didn't get to go to traffic school for either of those.
I vote for option #3. At least it's not the 8 hour course they used to make you take or the 2 nights of 4 hour "worthless" traffic school. (Oh did I say worthless, officer...I meant "WORST THAN WORTHLESS WASTE OF TIME!!!!" (Can you tell I have had experience with that one. But at least it is probably cheaper, although probably not by much, than your ticket and it won't go on your record so your insurance won't go up. My last encounter was with a friendless Freedonia cop who not only couldn't have possibly had time to radar me, but also said I was in a 50mph zone when in reality I was in a 55mph and there was no way that I was going as fast as he said, because I was in Dad's truck and we all know how much I don't enjoy driving that beast and would never got fast in it!!! Phew, now that I've got that off my chest....I'm so sorry that you got a ticket.
wow mom! I think I like this side of you. Ha ha thanks.
haha yes, thats why it took me so long to actually get them up there, cus i knew it would take like hours to do, and ive been so busy lately! I know it was so hectic that week i went down there! I was like wait arent i suppose to be on vactation right now? I dont een have time to breath! We may come down for the summer and stay with my sister, I hope! But we are still deciding!
oh and p.s. i jsut went to traffic school, but it was only a couple hours, imagine that proo is good for something :)
That's funny! You should ask luke about what to do....he is an expert in this area!!!! hahaha
um, I think I was one of the people you have made fun of in the past for my CRAZY driving! I am a very crazy driver...but I am happy to report that I am doing much better now that I have a baby on bored! Well except for when she is crying on the way home from camping, and I can't help but speed! There is NO worse feeling the seeing the horrible lights in your rear view mirror! I am so sorry. I am so affriad of cops now...I swear I am a really nice person, but I just feel like every time I see one I have something to hide? Just anouther one of my problems!
Gelato--nice. That would be the day, eh? One time I got pulled over but I'd just gotten a new wallet and me Drivers License was stuck under the little plastic film thing. I tried to get the cop to just take my entire wallet, but he wouldn't. Instead he stood there laughing at me and let me off with a warning after about five minutes. I went home and got rid of the wallet, but looking back, I can see I should have kept it for just such an emergency.
Post a Comment