Saturday, May 31, 2008

Happy Anniversary Jeanne's School of Dance!

Jeanne's School of dance turned 50! It is crazy to think that most of us teachers at Jeanne's took classes there.I will have to rummage through my pictures and see if I can find some old dance photos(coming soon, hopefully.)This weekend was recital weekend and I must say Thank Heavens its over!Its been quite a stressful week with dress rehearsals and actually performances. I left this morning at 9:45 and walked back in the door at 9:45 pm. It was a LONG day. I love nothing more than sharing my talents and passions with younger children. I love the "that was awesome" remark as they walk off stage from their very first performance EVER.My students had the biggest smiles and were asking me from that very moment when they could do it again.You also gotta love the occassional "Miss Whitney I need to go the bathroom really bad, I think I just peed my pants." Oh dont worry I got that twice today. That kinda makes me sound like I dont let my kids go to the bathroom. I do, I promise. Musical Theater summer camps start on Monday and I am so excited. The theme this year is " Not your daddy's disney." I love working with Jenee and I love being able to spread my love of music. It should be a very interesting 6 weeks. Forgive me if I dont post as often. Usually teaching 150 kids for 5 hours a day for 6 weeks could really tire a person. We will see how I manage.

No comments: