I am so bored with my house! Studying Interior Design is not helping my situation. I was researching online for inexpensive ways to decorate. I found something I never even thought about. Im totally in to the different color, pattern, style, etc. of accent pillows right now and I am slowly adding them to my couch. The hardest thing for me is finding exactly what I want and not having to pay $60 dollars a pillow. So I found this...
Low Cost, High Style: Decorate with Paper:
Terrific Transfers
Paper just isn't practical for some purposes, such as soft and comfy throw pillows. Enter heat-transfer paper, which allows you to tattoo your favorite paper designs onto fabric. A copy center will reproduce a paper image onto an 11-x-17-inch sheet of transfer paper for less than $4. Transfer the design to fabric using an iron and following the paper manufacturer's instructions. For an eye-catching change of scale, the patterns used on these pillows were enlarged by 250 to 400 percent before being copied to transfer paper.
I am going to try it and tell you how it goes.
Sunday, June 1, 2008
Im bored
Posted by
Whitney
at
7:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









11 comments:
OH whitney I need help with my house! I need to fly you out here and decorate it to death! What are somethings that you recommend? Or are must haves for a house?
what a great idea!!! I have never seen that done so I am anxious for you to try it and tell me how easy or hard or worthwhile it is! There are so many great scrapbooking papers that you ought to have a hay day with that one!
Hey - fun blog! I'm blog hopping right now- through the Blissful Living Studio teacher's blogs, because I'm a new teacher there - and I found yours! We have the same first name! There used to be so few of us named Whitney, but when Whitney Houston became popular so did our name. I'm turning 40 this year, so I've been watching the Whitney's out there grow up. :) It's fun that most Whiney's are artistic, creative people! Hey, have fun with Jenee in your music theater classes. I was just older than her at Westwood, and I'm a music theater gal also. Have Fun! Happy Summer...
Okay. Silly type -o. (sorry) I have actually received mail for "Whiney" Johnson, and my kids give me a hard time with, "see, Mom, you need to stop complaining about our messy rooms..." Oh, well..
Thanks for the comment! I have found your blog a few times and peeked into your lives!
Can you come decorate my house??
What a good idea. I love your new background! Great colors!
Lady, you have been tagged on my blog!
Oooowww! Looks exciting. I can't wait to check out what you do with it. In fact, I'm so excited about your pillows, I'm going to pay you a personal visit just to see them. Can't wait to see you! :)
k, that is the coolest thing ever! let me know how it goes! i wanna try it. i buy paper from the scrap book store all the time just because i like the design but never end up using it cuz i'm not a scrap booker. this is perfect!
Hey Whitney! I'm glad to see that you are doing well. I love your blog.
Hey visiting teacher! Yes, I will need something from you in the next few months! Some decorating help! Let me know if you would be up for the task and I will let you know when we replenish our bank account to even do anything...
Post a Comment