My younger Brother Kyle leaves tomorrow on his mission. Ive been fighting back tears for the last couple days. I kept thinking that this was the last time Kyle would do (blank) before he leaves. For the last couple of weeks I have been catching up on the hugs I wont get for 2 years or the zerberts he wont get on his birthday from me. And as I sit here and sob while writing this post I know he is going to be a fantastic missionary. As much as I will miss him I know he is going and doing the things he is supposed to. Kyle and I have always been close. We have had our moments, but what siblings havent? I have watched him grow and learn these last couple of months and I am so grateful for him. The people of Guatemala are so lucky!! I know he will be a friend to all those he comes in contact with. He is so loving, kind,gentle, compassionate, spiritual, determined and funny. Im sure we will get many letters requesting that we send shoes or clothes because he has given all of his stuff away to those less fortunate.
I love you Kyle and I am so proud of you. Be the Best Missionary you can be. Be safe and turn the Lord in times of need. Thank you for being such a wonderful example to us and for motivating us to be better people. You are amazing and we will all miss you tremendously. See you soon brother.










10 comments:
what a stud!
what a bitter sweet moment.
did you take those?
Loved this post...it is going to be a rough next 2 weeks. Let me know if I need to wash YOUR hair!
So did you get to take the picture that will be on his plaque at the church??? It will be a long two years but thank goodness for email!! It helps a ton! Best wishes to Kyle as he goes forth to serve the people of Guatemala and the Lord.
Guatemala is very lucky & he does look mighty handsome in those photos.
I know how you are feeling right now. He will be missed but many blessings will come.
Hugs,
Christina
Best Wishes to Elder Deering! He is lucky to have such a sweet and supportive sister in you. (okay, and Guatemala is lucky, too) :-)
What a great time in Kyle's life. It will really go by fast. You will look forward to those emails you get weekly.
I can't believe how fast it went for Craig to get home.
Enjoy this great time in his life!
i love kyle! he is going to be such a great missionary!
Yay for Missionaries!!! Good luck kyle!!
I remember my older brother on his mish. The real tear jerker was answering the phone for their first phone call home!! Its a great experience!
Oh missionaries! My little brother is leaving this Wednesday, so I know just how you feel. It's bitter sweet really.
I can't believe Kyle is has left! It's crazy he is already old enough to serve a mission! I am sure he will do great!
Post a Comment