Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Meet Zoey

This is Zoey. Our first born. Hairy, I know. Dont be deceived by her cuteness because she has an alter ego named "worst dog ever" . Before Miss P joined out family Zoey was the center of attention. She got more love than a dog should. She was the princess. She came before anything and everything else. Now... Shes been put on the back burner and she doesnt quite like it. Does she still get more love and attention than most dogs? Yes. Yes she does. Does she think so? No. No she doesnt. She has turned into some psychotic dog. Being a house trained dog for several years now has decided that rules are meant to be broken. I let her out to go to the bathroom and she will go out and decide that right by the open door, in the house, on the carpet is a better spot. In fact, She just started to squat right by our bed in front of Zach and I. Uh...Zoey, not more than 3 minutes ago I let you out to go take care of your business. Why are you trying to poop right by my bed? Lately, Zoey has been getting on my nerves real bad. I feel bad for her. I just cant stand her and her bad dog syndrome she has developed. Im about one more poop, one more shredded diaper, one more shredded paper towel away from giving her away. And that makes me sad. Those with dogs, is this a normal feeling after having a baby? Any tricks to turn this dog back into a good one?

13 comments:

Full House said...

Two words...here Kiki. Yes that was fun last night. Pls. lets do it more often. I may even tell you even more secrets....scarey.

I'm so sorry to hear about Zoey. I don't know if it's normal. I know kids do funny things for attention so maybe dogs do too.

Good luck on that one.

Luke and Niki said...

hahaha That makes me laugh because it reminds me of my dog growing up. Whenever we would leave him to go on a vacation or something he would go straight to my moms bed spread and rip the edges to shreds! My mom called him "that damn dog" for as long as I could remember.

Now I am concerned we have a very similar situation with Mable, our beagle. we have had her since she was 6 weeks and really treated her like our child too. We tried to break her of the habbit of sleeping with us and even going into our bed room ( I want at least one hair and flee free room for the baby) So instead of putting her in her kennel we tried baby gateing the bathroom. NO oNe got sleep that night. And all she did the next day was mope around like we had abused her soul.

I dont know what to do, I fear for our child!

Jaron & Abby said...

That is so funny! I totally feel the same way. I was an animal LOVER before Livvy was born. Now, I still like animals but they kind of annoy me. I also don't want one anywhere near my house.

Alexa Mae said...

oh heavens!! that is not cool. my moms dog is like that and is drives us all c-r-a-z-y!! finally they decided to make her an outside dog....but your little zoey is way cuter. it did make me laugh out loud tho. hehe

☂niki. said...

totally normal. that's why we broke big boy in with pearla.

but i'm worried pearla will be the one we have to worry about when the baby comes.

i don't know how to fix the problem. let me know if you find a solution so i can be prepared.

Tracy said...

I have no remedy for you problem, but your post made me laugh and so I just wanted to say hi.

Bethany said...

poor zoey! haha I don't know how to fix your dog! My dogs are crazy and they get more attention than anyone around my house!

Cheryl said...

So funny! It sounds like princess Zoey is feeling a little slighted. It reminds me of the cute movie, "Lady and the Tramp" when the new baby arrives. Hopefully it's just a phase she is going through. I didn't realize that dogs would act like that when there's a new baby in the family.

Lars said...

Oh no! This is not what I want to hear! If Maggie even thinks about doing that... You can send Zoey over here for a few days if you need to!

Debbie said...

Maybe she is watching Miss P poop in her pants and she is thinking that she's been doing it all wrong all these years!! If you could only potty train Miss P, you might have a chance at Zoey at least using the toilet!! :)

ConnieB said...

Sell it. Jk! hahaha this cracks me up...
sorry though! I was a dog walker so I know... I KNOW about those dogs you just *can't stand*

Brea said...

Oh my gosh... Our dog is such a spoiled brat... this makes me so nervous to have a baby to see how he'll react... luckily he LOVE babies and kids but I just don't know if he'll love coming in second in my life. Good luck girly! sorry I am no help...

The Clarks said...

Whitney it was fun seeing you too! You're so sweet! You're right we'll have to go on a shopping spree and then go to el charro! Seriously can not believe you have never been....what a shame. :D