Saturday, September 12, 2009

A Yo Yo "How To"

I have had a ton of requests for a "How To" for the Yo Yo's. This is no where near a professional tutorial but it will do. I hope.


Materials: Scissors, needle, thread, fabric, different size circles, and a pen. If you want to make a head pieces you will need glue( hot or fabric), a button and stretchy band.



Turn the fabric face down and place desired circle size on it. The bigger the circle the bigger the yo yo and vise versa. My personal opinion is dont do a very small circle because it is REALLY hard to sew. Trace around circle with a pen.




Cut out circle.


Thread needle. Fabric is still face down, Turn in outer edge of fabric and begin hand stitching. The Larger the stitch the smaller the opening will be in your Yo yo.
















Once you have gone all the way around your yo yo, pull thread.






Make a few stitches to keep the thread in place.



Cut thread and WA-LA.




Finished Product:

8 comments:

Debbie said...

Very cute!!

Alexa Mae said...

um I love you. thank you for that much needed tutorial...yo-yo's are all the rage these days. and im sooooo happy you won! YOU WON!! can't wait to see the pictures.

Busy Bee Lauren said...

So cute! And you made it look so so simple! I think I am going to try it out :)

Brea said...

Umm... SO darling! =)

{Steve and Amanda} said...

OH wow that is so cute. I need to try this!

Alexa Mae said...

did you know i love you? i do. you are my favoritess person in da world. THE WORLD! xoxo

Cheryl said...

A Yo Yo is very cute! I didn't realize you were so crafty!!

Mimi said...

These are so cute! What a good idea! I can't wait to have a little girl so I can make these all the time. One of my friends just put up a little tutorial for how to make baby boy ties. So cute! I'll have to send you the link when you have a little man. Hope everything is going well there!