Sunday, October 18, 2009

Miss P the terror

Since Miss P is a master crawler these days, my daily life consists of picking up things off the floor, hiding the dog toys, removing wires from a mouth, hiding wires, vaccuming, sweeping, and cuddling crying baby after she has bonked her head. Yes its a busy life indeed. But just as I was getting used to my daily life, things got worse. I caught Miss P red handed pulling herself up to things. SAY WHAT!? The basket that was hiding the TV wires has now become another toy. Miss P sure loves to rip up old ensigns.


And then I thought to myself, "ok shes just sitting up pulling herself up. Its not standing..."
Did I forget to knock on wood?
Even though she has become quite the little terror I cant seem to hate her. Shes just so stinking cute.




In other news... I am a seamstress. Its true. Meet Roz.

Heck yes she has a name and heck yes I love her. Zach said you spelled it Ros. But seriously a girl with this much pizazz deserves a "Z". Why Roz? I''ll tell ya. When I was younger My grandma June would watch old Esther Williams movies with us girl cousins. Roz was the characters name on "On an Island with you" and My cousin Breeann and I would fight over who got to play her when we would swim(Esther Williams always played a swimmer in movies, cause she was just that in real life) So Breeann and I would always switch off or should I say Breeann was older and I was usually forced to give up playing Roz and play Yvonne the other girl.So now here I am an adult and I named my Sewing machine Roz because....I can. My granny has so kindly offered up sewing lessons and every Thursday I learn more and more. Im loving it.

Wanna See what Ive made so far?

These Darling little Miss P skirts. I love them!! Dont worry she is pretty much the most stylish girl I know.
P.s- She turns 7 months this week. Where has the time gone?

27 comments:

Bethany said...

Whitney she is getting so big!!! She looks so cute in these pictures! I can't believe she is pulling herself up that's awesome!! haha Oh Roman told me he wanted a little sister and wanted to name her Presley, but he says it Parsley. hahaha

Jonathan and Sarah said...

Oh my goodness! Porter won't even roll yet. I guess I should count my blessings. I can't believe that they're going to be seven months either!!! Crazy! Okay little seamstress... those skirts are soooo cute!! How did you learn to sew. I actually just had my mom here this weekend to help me do some sewing because I want to sew.... we'll see.

Busy Bee Lauren said...

SUCH cute little skirts for her!

☂niki. said...

ooh girl, look at you!

little miss seamstress!

i plan to do a lot more sewing after evie arrives as well...

but it might be a while...

so in the mean time, you can go ahead and just pass along all the little skirts and other adorable things you make to E as P grows out of them;)

great. thanks.

ConnieB said...

Presley is just adorable. And standing up! That's fun...I love those skirts!

Emily said...

how fun that you get to learn to sew from your grandma!! thats so great! love the skirts!

Jaron & Abby said...

okay she is adorable! I love her and want to just squeeze her! Yeah my house is never clean. I could spend all day cleaning and it would still look like a train wreck. I think Livvy just goes behind me and makes a mess right after I clean it up. I love your skirts too!

Mary said...

Cute Skirts! Miss P is going to be double cute in those!

The Clarks said...

Whitney the skirts are ADORABLE! Love them. And your baby girl!

Camille said...

Mobility is a curse.

Your blue wall is lovely.

As are the skirts.

The Clarks said...

Those skirts are darling!!! Oh and you just wait until your cute little miss P starts walking.. it is just a whole new level of TERROR!!

Debbie said...

Look at you little miss seamstress!!! Good for you!!

Oh, and by the way, the fun has only just begun with Miss P....but then again, I don't think you needed me to tell you that! It's all up hill from here!!

Unknown said...

You crack me up! I have been sewing too... it is fun once you get the hang of it! Those skirts are adorable!

Whitney XOXO said...

I want to steal all of the stuff you make!!! good thing I'm having a boy or I might actually do it lol

Alexa Mae said...

Its a sad day when they can hold their own isn't it? She is soooo adorable! I want one of her skirts. you are quite talented my lady.

Brea said...

Cutest skirts EVER! I absolutely LOVE them! I want to learn how to sew so bad. I told Brint I want a sewing machine for christmas. (crossing my figures!)

Full House said...

How dare you call my niece a terror.

This sewing thing is big news. Fun skirts!

ashley wright said...

Miss P is darling and so big! youre right, where does the time go??? my word.
So in love with your sweet SKIRTS!

J and L Palmer said...

ok the skirts are so cute. you must have been buying more fabric at joanne's when i saw you there! next time i see you there i'll throw some of my own fabric in so you can make me some skirts! j/k.. but really, great job! i'm totlaly jealous of yoru skills!

Jared Westergard said...

Those are so cute!

Annie said...

I'm taking your child away from you! She's not a terror, she's darling and if you don't want to see her for how she really is then you need to give her to me. :)

Actually, what I was really thinking was, "Oh Whit, this is only the beginning! It gets so much worse. Brace yourself."

I think you're terrific for tackling those sewing projects. Isn't it so fun being crafty?

Saije Wright said...

Hi Whitney! A session is $50. I'd love to take your holiday pictures, your family is adorable! Just let me know, and if you have any more questions my email is saijew at gmail dot com. It was nice meeting you too!

oh by the way, i LOVE the skirts.

ashley and wes said...

Love that miss p is in to everything!!! it only gets crazier(hate to tell ya !!) ITs so cute to see them exploring :)
ALSO, your teeny tiny skirts are so darling!! i bet they look so cute on her too!

AND, a QUESTION 2 U:
Ive been meaning to ask you from a post way back when, where you got the double sided fusible fabric for the onesies??? Ive been looking for that!

Corey and Brittnee said...

Seriously!!Why did Bree always get to be Ros??.....Be the princess breeann ahaha :)

Erin said...

LOVE THE MACHINE!! How is it working out for you... I guess I need to name mine!

The Whispering Creek House said...

I remember days like this! lol Love your blog! Since you sew you might like my latest post!

Being Braquell said...

Whit ! I am not going to lie ! I am so jealous of those skirts ! Adorable !!!!!!! I want one