Monday, March 22, 2010

Wild Card

Im a little uptight. Oh that word makes me sound like a crazy person. Lets say Anal. Thats not any better but whatever. You would have never guessed that about me Im sure. But I am. It runs in my gene pool. I have never faltered from the right in fear of disappointing someone. That, I get from my dad. My up tightness, well that's from my mom. Great genes, huh? My whole life I have been teased about being uptight. For example, Zach and I ran quickly to Walmart to return a Redbox we had rented, well Zach parked right in front of Walmart in the 'No Parking' zone. He ran into Walmart and I hopped into the drivers seat to Park the car. He wasnt more then 2 minutes but I was so afraid of breaking the rules. The whole way home he teased me. Im used to it by now. I actually even tease myself, I just cant help it though. My family calls me the 'Wild Card'. Not because Im out of control wild but because I really want to be and cant. You can only imagine how I was after having a baby. I stressed easily because I was so afraid she was going to get into something she wasnt supposed to or eat something she wasnt supposed to. Life wasnt in my control and that was really hard to come to terms with. I like everything so so and it wasnt up to me anymore. I had a little girl running my life the way she wanted. Im loosening up though. It might not seem like it to others but can really feel it.

I also have a weak stomach. When I was younger if I ate to much candy Id throw up. Not enough sleep, throw up. Nervous, throw up. Slam my finger in the door, throw up.

**Rewind to November 2006, 3 months after Marrying Zach**

Im probably going to have to explain myself about the finger. Oh man I cant believe Im posting this for the whole world to see. So dumb. Our doors weigh at least 100 pounds(slight exaggeration). I was coming home from a Bachelorette party and while trying to keep the door quiet while shutting I shut my finger in the door. It hurt so bad! So I took a tylenol and fell asleep on the couch for a little bit. About an hour later I wake up to go brush my teeth and wash my face( another Anal quality, I cant sleep unless I have done both of those things, and dont think I didnt do it a sleep overs when I was younger too, and dont think I didnt wear my retainer every stinking day after I got my braces off, because if I didnt I wouldnt be following the rules, remember?) Anyways, Im washing my face and misjudged how close the faucet was, and BAM, finger slams into faucet. Well I go pale. Im dizzy, Im sick to my stomach, Im going to faint. I called out Zachs name and he came racing downstairs. You can only imagine what he saw. Wife laying over the bathroom counter, sinking slowly to the ground, pale face, mascara dripping down her face. And thats when he truly fell in love with me. HA! I sink to the floor and within seconds proclaim Im going to throw up... and I did.

Its ridiculous. My cousin Jami has me tell this story atleast every month just so I can relive it once more. I laugh at myself. I have issues. I seriously do! But who doesnt?

7 comments:

ConnieB said...

hahahahahaha! I love knowing this stuff about you. In a lot of ways I'm the same. I can't go to bed without the makeup and brushing thing too. I have a routine and Tony knows it takes like 15-20 mins to complete. lol!

Zach was probably wondering what you girls did at that Bachelorette party! haha!

Alexa Mae said...

bahahaha this was awesome whit! i like that you play by the rules. you are so adorable, it was so good seeing you saturday. (even though i totally forgot the headband). that story is soooo funny! it's a good one to re-tell. i bet it's even better in person. ;)

aurora said...

That's the best story ever!

xo

Jonathan and Sarah said...

Okay I am sooo the same... minus being really good about wearing my retainers, but that is only because he didn't say I HAD to wear them EVERY NIGHT! But really, I am such a rule follwer and Jonathan makes fun of me too. For example: He is going crazy that even though Porter's birthday is this coming Saturday, I still won't switch to the forward facing car seat until Saturday. Lol You are so cute Whitney and I loved your family pictures!!

Mars said...

oh man I am so the same. Chase makes fun of me everywhere I go because I'm so anal/OCD/perfectionist/uptight. No joke. It's going to be an adjustment when I have a baby...I hate things out of place, I hate dirty messy nasty kids, but I know that kids are kids and I'm going to have to loosen up when that day comes. I also can't go to bed without doing my nightly routine. That story makes me laugh! PS your fam pictures were adorable! PPS I'm going to have some fabulously cute clothes on my blog soon...I think you might like :)

Bethany said...

I still love you even though you have issues! haha! I have so many issues its not even funny!

The Clarks said...

haha you crack me up. and I am in love with your daughter and her little dance moves! So darling!