Thursday, July 3, 2008

Watermelon Conversation

On Monday I bought this wonderful(huge)watermelon from Costco. I brought it home, cut it up and Zach and I have been snacking on it ever since. While sharing a few pieces of watermelon with me a couple of days ago I noticed Zach spitting out the seeds. I forgot to mention the watermelon I bought was SEEDLESS. The conversation went a little something like this.

W: are you spitting out seeds?
Z: Yeah
W: honey did you know the WHITE seeds are not bad for you?
Z: yeah
(Conversation ends)

*Conversation continues today:
Z: I still cant bring myself to eat the seeds
W: they ARENT bad for you
Z: Well I dont want them getting in my stomach and then watermelons start to grow.
W: Oh for heavens sake... ramble ramble ramble about how NO one warned me how weird he truly is before we got married. The WHOLE Vance family totally put on this front that you were so normal and blah blah blah.
Z:(Silence) He was very into whatever he was doing.

You learn something everyday. I have been married to this man for almost 2 years and never knew he was afraid to eat the white seeds from the watermelon.
**I hold all Vance Family members accountable for their actions.**

5 comments:

Alissa Melody said...

hahaha I dont count! I didnt know him yet!! but thats really funny!

Debbie said...

well I wish we could take all the credit but a lack and a lass, I think the Lord had more to do with it than us...tee hee!

Unknown said...

You are so funny! I do blame Tyler though-- he's got a big noggin' too! I will have to see a picture of Ben when he was a baby??? DO you have one?

Alissa Melody said...

Oh come on Whitney don't even try to tell me that you have never woken up with a huge watermelon growing in your stomach. Luckily for me whenever it happened I pooped them out rather quickly :). This is Andrew by the way.

Jaron & Abby said...

That is hillarious. I know guys are so odd. Whitney I love reading your blog it's always so interesting.