Monday, October 20, 2008

ANXIETY!!!

So I was laying on the couch last night, and all of a sudden it hit me, Like a ton of bricks. Im going to have a baby.Im going to have to care for my very own human being. WHAT THE? I have realized this before. This is not new news to me. I got so nervous and scared and started to almost have a panic attack. I began thinking about how my life will be in 6 months. I will be in labor and then I will go through delivery(well if my hips move the way they are supposed to and my baby doesnt have a big Vance head, I truly hope it doesnt have a big Vance head) and then I will be a mom, to an actual human being. Thats when the sweating started, I have no idea what Im doing. Babies scare me. Give me a toddler, I know what Im doing there. As I started to panic even more, this thought came to mind... I have a mom, a mother in law, a grandma, aunts, sister in laws, cousins, and friends,who have all had babies and all of those children have all their limbs, they are not neglected, they are all being fed, and they are still living. This gave me such comfort. They will never leave me in the dark. They will help me learn what Im supposed to do. My mom mentioned to me the other day when she asked how I was doing, that the first time is always the scariest. Its the fear of the unknown. I have no idea how my body is going to react, I have no idea how easy or hard my labor and delivery will be( I am so counting on the labor part to be some what easy due to the beautiful epideral). So, I just wanted to say, I Whitney, have absolutely no idea what I am doing and thats okay. I will learn. I have great people in my life who WILL help me, not matter what. I Also wanted to say, Thank you to those people. I know I will tell you "then" but I just thought I would say it now too.

12 comments:

Alli said...

Oh Whitney you are so cute! Trust me I know exactly how you are feeling. It is definatly scary not knowing what labor will be like cause everyone is different. I had a very hard labor, and let me tell you I would do it a thousand times over just to have my sweet baby! It is sooooo worth it I can't even tell you. You probably hear that alot and you will know how I feel when you go through those first moments when you see that precious baby for the first time, its indescribable. You are overwelmed with so many different emotions. You just fall in love with that little spirit so fast! And what makes it even more beautiful is knowing that he or she is part of you and your eternal compaion. You made them! Your baby will just melt your heart and take away all of those scary feelings of anxiety. Our father in heaven will take care of you and help you along the way because you and Zach are making the best decision in life, starting your precious family! You will be so blessed you dont even know! It truely is amazing and Motherhood is just a little taste of heaven!! I know you will do such a great job! And I'm hoping you will have a sweet baby girl so our kids can date!!! Now that would be a good looking couple!:)

☂niki. said...

i can only imagine the fear you are having. i'm sure it is intense. i have no words of comfort for you, but my sweet sister has said enough for the both of us. i teared up when i read her comment. she is such an amazing mother and a great example to me. i'm sure you found comfort in her words. you will be wonderful! you're doing exactly what you are supposed to be doing. i'm so glad you have such a wonderful family to help you through it all!

Jami said...

yes, I think that your baby will be well taken care of. Just remember that your brain isn't complete while you are prego...sometimes it just goes crazy on you.

Courtney Vance said...

Whit, you're going to be a perfect mommy! Hopefully you'll get a pass on having a huge Vance baby. Dan had a HUGE head and weighed 11 lbs so I think I'm screwed.

Annie said...

Stay calm. :)


And remember, your life as you know it will no longer belong to you in 6 months.

Was that comforting? Haha!

Busy Bee Lauren said...

You will be a great mom. Sometimes I have anxiety, and I am not even pregnant! It is scary to think we will be mothering children during such hard times where kids are tempted with things that were beyond imagination 20 years ago. You will be amazing.

Mary said...

I will help you Whitney...with all my child baring and labor intensive experiences...

I WILL though! I've had many years of babysitting up my sleeves...I can change a poopy diaper! haha...I hope that is of some comfort!

Lars said...

I laughed when you said a big Vance head. I guess I've never noticed before! You'll be a great mom Whitney-no worries!

Camille said...

Oh dear. I hate anxiety. Stress, exhaustion, fear...I can handle those. Anxiety is my downfall.

Probably why I am in no hurry to have kids. I would have your one day of anxiety EVERY DAY for years. Probably until the kids move out and get their own families.

I'm messed up.

Full House said...

I don't know anything about the big head thing because I always have had small babies oh and they didn't come out the natural way so it wasn't too scary (the big head thing)..now as for the responsibility of caring for a child thing, I pretty much couldn't think of anybody more qualified for this than you. You will do awesome.

Cam and Mele said...

Girl, I will say it with you, "I Mele have no idea what I'm doing..." I have had that same anxiety reoccur every once in a while, and maybe that makes us good moms already! We want whats best for our little ones, and are scared that we don't quite know or have what it takes. You are so cute, and from what I know, you are going to be an amazing mother! Your family seems so close and supportive, and how blessed you are to be surrounded by all of them! I'm so glad you shared this!!

Cam and Mele said...

oh and please do use the Jones idea!! It was so fun!! You just have to go onto their website, and they have all of the instructions on there. We saved a bottle of each color for us, and can't wait for our baby to see how excited and special they have always been:D
haha and I'm glad you found the bump pics;) We definitely need to hang out, we can have anxiety together;)