I didnt eat very good today. I dont mean bad food, I mean like didnt eat enough. As I was sitting in my Night Lecture Building Systems class( I know, please feel bad for me) I was paying for it a little. Not like "kill me now" Nausea, but discomfort. All I could think about was how much I really wanted KFC warm mashed potatoes and their to die for Biscuits, all warm and soft. I had to make a quick run to Kinko's to get some things ready for a project I have to turn in to tomorrow and on my way home, I glanced to my right and their shining in all its glory, KFC. Thank you. Thank you. It was dark, but to my delight the drive thru was open until 11( it was 10:15). I ordered my individual order of mashed potatoes and for only 99 cents you can ge 2 warm biscuits. Hooray! So I did it. I got home and the mashed potatoes were heavenly. The biscuits on the other hand STUNK! What? Soft and warm, I think NOT! I was offended that KFC would torment me with would you like our soft, warm biscuits for 99 cents and then give me rock hard, stale biscuits instead. I should have flashed them my belly and said " dont you dare mess with a starving, pregnant ladies food, buster." Did I mention the mashed potatoes were heavenly?
Monday, October 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









11 comments:
love this post! I loved kfc's potato wedges while I was prego. I liked them a little too much, becaue I am still dealing with them!
I am so glad that the mashed potatos hit your little prego self's spot!
too funny...or not. I craved McDonald's french fries when I was pregnant with Mary.....at least you're not going for the fried greasy potatoes!! Maybe it was the salt for me and not the potato...who knows. At least you got something in your stomach!
Hi! I happened upon your blog today! What a cute post. I remember the angst of pregnant cravings. When I was pregnant I couldn't get enough clam chowder and caesar salads. strange? yes. Congrats on your pregnancy. Boy or girl, I am sure will be great, but I loved having a girl, so I'll vote for a girl. hope you don't mind my reading your blog. -Molly
haha. i love hearing pregnancy stories!
I have a bread craving to share, they are called SISTER SHCHUBERTS DINNER ROLLS! I have only seen them at walmart, their in the frozen food section. They are already cooked so you just heat them up in the oven, they come in a bag, so you only have to heat as many as you want, which will be the whole bag! Too yummy with homemade peach jam or honey! Baby will like them!!!!!
That is the worst!! When you're so excited about something like that and then you're totally let down. KFC should NEVER allow stale biscuits out of their drive through windows! You should have flashed the belly. :)
Mmm...I have been craving KFC mashed potatoes since my cousin got her wisdom teeth out and that was all she could eat. that was years ago.
I'm not even pregnant and I just had a serious craving. I blame it on the pill.
rock hard stale biscuits... that is BLASPHEMY!! sEriously KFC... get it together! YOure too funny. loved this post!
It's hard for me to read your blog sometimes because it brings back such vivid memories!! p.s. I voted that you are having a GIRL!
You're not going to believe the coincidence but I too crave KFC potatoes and biscuits when I was pregnant with Vance. There was a KFC right across the street from our apt. in San Fran that I went to often. Sorry the biscuits were bad this time.
Post a Comment