Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Halloween Decor!

Yesterday I Halloween Decored my house a little. I stole some ideas from some wonderful and creative people. I love how the turned out!!! And it was Cheap! Which is always a plus. This first picture, My friend Erin came up with the idea. She had white pumpkins and did black lettering. I just printed the word BOO out on word and made me own stencil. I found some paper mache pumpkins at micheals for a buck so I spray painted them black and did white writing because I had white candle sticks. I took a trip to the dollar store where I found some Christmas Holly and I spray painted those black as well. I let some of the red stay because I really liked it that way. A little Boa on the mantel and it looks awesome. I also found those headstones at the dollar store. I should have taken a before and after picture. I touched them up with white paint to really make them stand out. Since we have been married I have always wanted to spider web our gate. I just never got around to it. So this was my year to do it! I really like it. Our gate isnt working right now but when it is it will look so good closed. At Michaels I found 2 wood wreaths and usually people decorate them and make them pretty but I decided to keep them all wood. I spray painted them black and draped spider web to add that extra spook. I hung them from our light post that are outside by the gate. Im super excited for the holiday season. Im not done decorating yet! More to come Im sure.





Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it all! The "BOO" pumpkins are adorable!!

Jami said...

L. I.= LOVE IT!!!! Seriously love the gate...and seriously love the wreaths. Baby Vance is probally so happy because you are being so festive!

Jeff, Di and Ty said...

Darling Decor Whit, as usual! Fun ideas. I especially love the wreaths, I might have to hang some from my coach lights at the garage next year! Sounds like you must be feeling better. You know to call me if you need anything! I believe we are supposed to see you this Sunday around 4.

Erin said...

YEAH! I'm so proud of you! Love how the B O O turned out!

Camille said...

Looks great! I'm sad the dollar stores in Canada aren't as good as in AZ. I miss my deals.

Cara Fish said...

So cute, whitney!

Cam and Mele said...

So cute! I love Halloween!! Ok, I just love the Holiday season, period. What great ideas, thanks for sharing!!

P.S. you are one that I definitely keep in mind, when the thought of complaining about being sick crosses my mind. You are strong!!!

Debbie said...

Yeah!!!! The gate got it's web makeover that you were talking about on Sunday!! And those planters were the perfect places for the RIP signs. Too cute and too fun. And since you are now friends with one of your neighbors maybe you will actually get some trick or treaters this year!!!

☂niki. said...

your stuff is way cute! i just painted a W onto a pumpkin. i love fall/halloween time!

Full House said...

Now that I think about it you could make so much money if you turned the whole place into a spook alley. Nice work Whits, you've been busy. I love the dollar store. We should go again soon. loves

Busy Bee Lauren said...

I am in love with the decorations! Sooooo awesome! I totally want to do those Boo pumpkins! You are amazing.

Jared Westergard said...

I love all your Halloween decor way cute!

Anonymous said...

lol heard u got tp lol hahaha