Friday, October 3, 2008

Let me share...

I thought as I sat here and cried about what is going on in with my baby you should all know too. As much as I complain about being sick, I am so excited to become a mommy to this precious baby growing inside me. At times I think it hates my guts and to be honest sometimes I dont like it that much either. But I know that this Heavenly Fathers plan and I am so lucky to be able to participate in it.

Your baby is growing rapidly; its growth is particularly noticeable from now through about 24 weeks. The baby has doubled in length since the 7th week, measuring at 2½ to 3 inches long (6.5-7.8cm) and weighing at about ½ and ¾ oz (13-20g) roughly the size of a peach. Changes in the fetal weight have also been tremendous during the last 8-10 weeks of pregnancy. One interesting change is the slowdown in growth of baby's head compared to the rest of the body. By week 21 the head is about one third of the baby's body and at birth baby's head is only ¼ the size of its body. Baby's body accelerates in growth as the fetal head slows down in growth. Baby's face is more human like now; eyes that started out at the sides are now closer together on the face. External genitalia have developed enough so a male can be distinguished from a female baby. Your baby's vocal cords have begun to form. Your baby's hand is structurally complete and consists of 27 bones held together by a complex network of ligaments. Similarly baby's foot is also completely formed with the toes, heel and bones all in place.

7 comments:

Alli said...

Oh whitney, I cant wait for you to be a mommy! You will love it! It truly is the very best!! You will be so cute and you are so tiny !! Our babies will have to hang out and we can go on little play dates!!!

ashley wright said...

You are so cute; i loved your comment on my blog!! thx! I was cracking up at your post about being addicted to drugs!!!! hahahah! I was an addict when i was prego too! no worries! Isnt't it fun reading and learning about how your wee baby is growing inside of you?! I loved it as well; it's amazing how rapidly they change from week to week! I registered online at babycenter and they send you emails with pictures and everything!! (youve probably already done it!) I hope you begin to feel better :) Im sure you will! People used to tell me that the pregnancy sickness and yuckiness was ALL WORTH IT ... but honestly i didnt believe anybody UNTIL I was holding my little Paizers in my arms!!! you hang in there girl!!!! Oh, and about GUs Gus, I really DON'T sleep that well at night!!! YIKes!

Courtney Vance said...

I'm sorry you're so sick Whitney, but at least that's a sign that you have a healthy pregnancy right? I'm a huge advocate of zofran though. Also if you were looking for a way to post a baby tick without the creepy floating baby go to babynamey.com Just an idea. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Unknown said...

Oh I love that weekly baby update email. Not because it tells me I'm a week closer to being done (although that part is great too), but because each week they pick a piece of produce that resembles my baby. Chinese cabbage was my favorite week.

Camille said...

So you're like...growing a human in there?

Cool.

☂niki. said...

isn't it amazing? truly a miracle. i'm sure it is hard to look at it as a miracle when it is tearing you up inside(and thanks to good ol' steph meyer, we all now have a visual of a little vampire literally ripping it's way out) but it really is a beautiful thing. you are going to be an amazing mother. it's what you were sent here to do.

ps. there is a really great sale coming up this month. i'll give you details if you want to come!

Steven and Kami Palmer said...

Whitney, we are so excited for you and Zach to get to have a beautiful baby! You will be a wonderful Mom!