Saturday, November 1, 2008

Common Question

Through out my pregnancy I have had a lot of questions. My favorite one of them all is... so how many more do you think you will have? Why is this one my favorite you ask? This answer has changed a few times in the last 4 months and I'm sure it will change as I get bigger and more uncomfortable and go through labor and delivery and so on. If you would have asked me at 6-10 weeks I would have told you " Ill have one, thanks". In fact, as I was lying on a hospital bed with an IV sticking out of my arm, I turned to Zach and said " I hope this is a boy, cause this is your only child babe." Yesterday morning when I thought I had a baby Renesmae coming out of my stomach I would have said ONE again. Let me clarify Renesmae, I wasn't in any pain, I think the baby just moved to one side and it was bulging out more than anywhere else. It was a little weird. But later that afternoon, I would have told you maybe 3 or 4. Ive been feeling better, I don't have to take my medicine as much and some days I can make it through the whole day without it. 3 or 4 sound good today too. Im leaning more towards 3.

12 comments:

Jo Dee said...

There is an unwritten rule somewhere that says that women who are pregnant are not allowed to decide future offspring. Just because you cant possible know how your future pregnancies will go so you may judge all pregnancies on your first! I hope you have all the kids your unpregnant heart desires!!! PS I wanted 10 at first, then after Max I wanted 8 and I ended up with 5...go figure???

Unknown said...

you crack me up girl!

Jami said...

Well, I don't think you should decided whether to have more kids till after you baby is ONE! I am with Jodee, I wanted 6, now I want 4! Spencer still wanted 10....I just can't figure out why? Does he remember when I was prego?

Annie said...

For me today I don't think I'll have any kids. How about I make all your dreams come true, give you my two and then you'll have your three and be done. Sound like a good idea? :)

Nicole said...

Why do people ask this question?!? It takes me at least two years to even think about having another one... it takes me that long to forget all of the umcomfortableness! When I had one I answered I'm only having one, now that number 3 is on the way, I guess the answer is 3... one at a time is all I have to say!!

Debbie said...

I used to say that I wanted enough for a baseball team but in the end, I only got a basketball team with one reserve. Thank goodness for me the Lord knew best! I think you will know only when the last one comes and you feel complete.

aurora said...

That question will be asked to you while they are cleaning off your baby. Trust me.
And I think that we constantly go between, 'this is IT!-- are you kidding me! Do I look like an idiot?!' to... (in a sweet syrupy voice) 'I want to populate the earth with more like this little lovebug.' :-) Seriously. It's the hormones.

aurora said...

-- and if you don't know me well enough... it was all meant in the best humor!! :-) just ask diane. {hugs}

Camille said...

Oh dear. A baby Renesme? That's very possibly my worst nightmare. Ever.

{Steve and Amanda} said...

Steve wants 6 or 7..I like big families but I have no idea if I can handle that many pregnancies. I am so scared of labor, I am excited to get bigger and look more pregnant but then I get all scared because I have never experienced labor. That's my biggest worry. I am feeling pretty good, I'm at 15 weeks and my morning sickness isn't too bad at all, maybe once a week. I'm glad you are off the pills that's always comforting. Are you going to put up pregnant pictures?

☂niki. said...

do you have any names picked out?

Dave and Tricia Folsom Family Fun said...

Hi Whitney! I am glad you found my blog - I actually just found yours a few days ago but was afraid to leave a comment because I wasn't sure you would even remember who I am!
Congrats on your upcoming new arrival - what exciting news. I sure miss seeing your family - I can't believe how big everyone is now! I sure miss seeing all the good ol' Mesa people - I haven't been home in a year - how is that possible?
Please tell your Mom I said hi and good luck with everything!