Sunday, November 30, 2008

Turkey leg, turkey leg, leg of a turkey, turkey, turkey, turkey leg

About 3 years ago we went to Disneyland for Thanksgiving. Well, we went last year too but that was not when this story took place. The Barrons met us there and we Disneyed until out little hearts were content. On the way back to Mesa, the girls in one suburban, the boys in the other, us girls entertained ourselves. The title have chosen was the musical round we girls came up with. Yeah 6 hours and 8 girls jammed into a suburban can be quite a good time. It went a little something like this...


Breeann: Turkey leg, turkey leg, turkey leg ( repeat)

Whitney: Leg of a turkey, leg of a turkey ( repeat)

Brittnee: Leg, Leg, leg (repeat)

Braelynn:Turkey, turkey, turkey


and the other girls chimed in when the wanted. Dont think we dont still sing this song when we get together. In fact, this thanksgiving was the first time we have been together on thanksgiving since this wonderful song was created. The boys want to die everytime we sing it but we laugh and sing louder. We had such a great thanksgiving this year. We started the day off Turkey Trotten with the Vance family. I ran the 10k in 30 minutes and Zach in 35. You would think it would be opposite since his legs are like 3 feet longer than mine. Wimp!!! Okay, Im lying. I walked the 2 mile fun run. From the moment we woke up Zach kept saying, " fun and run do NOT belong in the same sentence."



As you can tell we were very serious about the Turkey trot. We had thanksgiving with my family and headed back the Vances for dessert. The remainder of the week we spent time with family and Zach was able to participate in my brother Kyles ordination to a Elder. This is Kyles last Thanksgiving and Christmas with us before he leaves for a mission and You could tell as we all pretty much bawled the whole ordination. We are so thankful for our families. They all mean the world to us.

6 comments:

Annie said...

I like turkey legs.

Busy Bee Lauren said...

I sat there and started mentally calculating what your average mile would be with a time of 30 minutes in a 10k...then I read on. I was about to call you insane. I hate running...ugh. :)

Cute picture!

Hot Diggity Daws said...

I read your coment about Lipstick Jungle...I knew it was destined for disaster when they moved it to Friday night! The last 3 shows that I followed that got shipped to Friday found themselves in the morgue! :)

Camille said...

I saw the phrase "10K" and almost stopped reading. Good thing I kept going!

Tracy said...

i am impressed that you walked the 2 mile.. i am lucky if i can get up the stairs without panting :) yay for thanksgiving!

Scott+Tiffany said...

That's a hilarious song. you're so cute. I was so baffled that you ran the 10k in 30 minutes. haha. i did the fun run, too. I'm surprised I didn't see you, maybe it's cuz we were still only "blog" friends ;-)