Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Ive been summoned... BOO

Zach and I have been married for 2 years and 5/12ths
(Zach just walked in and said we have been married longer than 2 years) and not ONCE has he been summoned to do jury duty. I, on the other hand have been summoned like 1200 times. And Im not even exaggerating at all. Since turning 18 - which in January will be 4 years ago, I have received a jury summons at least once a year. Ive had to postpone several times and have not yet actually been called to go down but now I was called Jan. 28th, THE DAY BEFORE MY BIRTHDAY!! Dont they know that I like to party all week long for my birthday? How can I party like a rock star sitting in the Superior court house? I said I could appear on that day. I was tempted to postpone again and I tried calculating in my head 90 days from now which would put me very close to my due date. But I figured I was just go and get it over with. Hopefully, they wont need me.

2 comments:

Jo Dee said...

Whitney
try to look as pregnant and uncomfortable as possible when you go in, that way they'll take one look at you and say "nevermind"

Annie said...

I got summoned once but couldn't go. I was so bummed. I think it would be cool to be on a jury.