Monday, July 27, 2009

When to say When


I have never been good at finding the right time to say When. For instance I made snickerdoodles last week for my honey (aka the cookie monster) and I had no idea I was also known as the cookie monster. I mean I would eat 4 or 5 in one sitting, which eventually led to 10-12 cookies in one day. Who does that? Lets just say between the cookie monster family the Snickerdoodles lasted 2 days. Which would really equal about 26 hours. For that 26 beautiful hours there was no way I could live without those moist, scrumptious snickerdoodles. This got me thinking about all the other things I simply could not live with out.I have since banned snickerdoodles in our house. Zach has cried everyday.

P.s I blame Mom vance for giving me the best birthday present ever... Martha's cookie book.


1. Flip flops... easy and comfortable.Need I say more?

2.Queen Helene Mint Julep mask. Seriously if you havent ever tried this,you have too. If I ever feel a "special" friend on my face, the ones that are underneath the skin and hurt SUPER bad, I put this on and with in a day or so its gone. I have a firm testimony of the mint julep mask.

(plus you get to look like Elphaba from Wicked... hee hee)


We would like to take a break in this countdown for a rant from Whitney....

When does your face figure out you arent still in puberty? I swear. Sometimes I break out like crazy. Sometimes I have perfect skin. Whats up with that? I just dont get it. BUGGY!!!

Now back to the countdown......

3. Floss. I have to floss my teeth everyday. I dont think I have ever skipped a day. Im that crazy folks.

4. My aquaphor. Not only is it good on babys bootys(not footwear) but its good on your lips too.

21 comments:

Burnham Bags said...

I love flip flops too! Easy and comfy--the perfect combo!

The Littles said...

I am going to have to try that masque. I am also a flosser, I cant go to bed unless I have flossed! Your so cute! And just be glad you live in Az cause my face never breaks out there because its so dry. Here in KY its so humid my skin is always oily and wants to break out.

Ashlee Martin Smith said...

I'm so proud of you for eating the whole batch of cookies in just over a day! Seriously! That's remarkable, and it makes me feel a whole lot better for the things I do! :) I loved this post. You're a doll.

The Clarks said...

I am the same way with eating treats. I eat one, two, three then the whole dang pan is gone! I say.. life is short just workout so you can eat the whole pan! :) And I want to try your face mask.. I have just faced the fact that I must have adult acne because I left puberty years ago and my mass breakouts at complete random times is just ridiculous!!

Bethany said...

Okay cookies don't last 2 hours in my house! I completely understand!

Emily said...

I love aquaphor!! i somther that stuff oon my lips daily!!! uts the best, im so going to try the mint mask!

Busy Bee Lauren said...

I have seen you speak of the mask stuff a lot...I need to get some!

And we need to hang out..

Annie said...

Reminds me of last February when I ate like 50 heart shaped sugar cookies with thick cream cheese frosting all over them. I think that was the beginning of a downward spiral for me...very wise of you to ban the snickerdoodles...hey but they are not banned in my house so I think I'll make some today. Thanks for the inspiration.
We love floss and Aquaphor too. Drew flosses his teeth like 6 times a day. Seriously he's really crazy about it. The only time we get in fights is if he finds out I forgot to floss the kids teeth at night. What can I say, I'm married to a dentist!

Annie said...

Oh and P.S....

Thanks for empathizing with me over the fall from the garbage can thing. Was that one last jab at my conscience for making my prego sister-in-law stand on crates at the hispanic market to get a picture? :) I was frecking out at the thought of putting you into preterm labor. I would have never forgave myself.

RatalieNose said...

QHMJM has changed my life. You posted about it once awhile ago so I asked my mom to buy it and I've never looked back! You're like Jessica Simpson! But a better person!

Mary said...

mmmmmm snickerdoodles....

ConnieB said...

Oh man, I have to FLOSS everyday too!!! I feel gross if I don't. I've also been known to pound cookies like there's no tomorrow... and I'm not proud of it either :p
Now that I know what that mask looks like, I'll keep my eyes peeled. Is it at walgreens?

Anonymous said...

I use that kind of floss too, on a daily basis. And Queen Helene rocks my world, thanks to a long time ago post you wrote about her. No wonder we're best friends, you and me.

Full House said...

I'm obsessed with cookies....I have no will power

so want to make another batch of cookies tomorrow?

Yes the mint julep mask is great & cheap

Oh & I love you new banner. Pretty spiffy!

Chelsee Bingham said...

I love Flip Flops as well.. Also I don't know how to put the cookies down . Scott bakes (don't tell him I I told you) and anything he makes is just fabulous and I eat the whole thing!

Debbie said...

It's never too late to send a picture....there's always the edit button!!! I'm glad that you are enjoying the cook book!!

The Blakes said...

I'm gonna have to try that masque too. Seriously, my skin is the same way. I'm totally clear for a while, then bam! Oh, and I binge eat when it comes to baked goods as well. Also, send out the baby announcements...not too late:)Loved this post.

The Clarks said...

Haha you crack me up! Um duh we are friends and duh we are going to play when I get home. I came up with the most brilliant plan and talked to Lauren about it and we want to start having craft nights once or twice a month. We'll all take turns hosting a craft. Are you in? Oh and your snickerdoodles look SCRUMPTIOUS! I may have licked the computer screen.

Cheryl said...

I love snickerdoodles too. My grandma used to make them so they always bring back good memories. They look delicious!

Tracy said...

Don't worry about the cookies. I just ate almost an entire pineapple up side down cake. So worth it!!

do you want to lunch sometime this week?

ConnieB said...

I totally made snickerdoodles last night in honor of you. Just thought I'd let you know. lol!