Wednesday, August 5, 2009

3:45.... in the A.M

Why when you get an email telling what your baby is doing this week it makes your baby do it? I got an email yesterday saying my baby may not be sleeping through the night anymore.... I laughed and said to myself why yes she is still sleeping through the night thank you! Little did I know P would be waking up at 3:45 this morning. Heres how it went.

{3:45 crying}

Me: Presley what the heck is going on? Its 3:45 in the stinking morning.

P: Oh hi mom, I just was missing your beautiful face. I couldnt stand being away from you any longer. Oh and Im hungry.

Me: mumble mumble mumble You usually make it through the night. You have been for almost 3 months.

P: Oh I know. Sorry? Would a big smile make you feel better?

Me: No! this is not funny. I am tired. I was up late watching dad fix our air conditioning as it dripped over and over onto our bedroom floor.

P: Well... can I still get some food?

Me: mumble mumble mumble... fine.

P: Oh thanks mom your the best!

Me: After I am done you are going right back to sleep. Understand?

P: um... but....uh.....

(4:15)

Me: okay love you (kiss) sleep good.

P: Love you too.....(under her breath) see you in a minute.

{4:20 SCREAMING}

Me: oh for heaven sake. Whats wrong?
P: I think I have gas
Me: ( while administering gas drops) Okay There you go. Night night.

{4:30 Screaming}
Me: P this is getting alittle out of hand.
P: Maybe I have a tooth ache?
me: {administering tylenol} ok. night night.

{4:35 whining}

Me: THIS IS RIDICULOUS! Im tired. I know youre tired. What the heck?
P: Just hold me. Just hold me.
( bouncing, bouncing, more bouncing)

4:55 (sleeping)

13 comments:

The Clarks said...

Haha whitney you crack me up! Seriously as I'm reading it, I'm picturing it in my head and just laughing my head off. It reminds me of the talking babies on baby geniuses!

Lindsey said...

Oh, I'm sorry! Hopefully she'll be tired and take a longer nap so you can get a nap in too.

Emily said...

wow i cant wait to have a baby..... just kidding that was hilarious! Hopefully you were able to get some more sleep today!

j & s said...

hmm yup that sounds all too familiar. darn babies... gotta love them though!

The Clarks said...

haha thats great. I remember those days way to good, its a good thing they are so dang cute! And your daughter does look identical to your husband (I hope thats who it is) so cute. And you sound just like me, I run my butt off in the morning then come home and have a cookie for breakfast.. awesome!

Jaron & Abby said...

That is so funny! I totally remember when Livvy would do that too. Dang why am I having another one when it's just starting to get easy?!

The Clarks said...

hahaha well she looks like her uncle! :)

Full House said...

awesome Whit. I like your commentary...very enteraining. I hop you got an email today saying that baby is back to sleeping through the nigh. Hey at least the email gave you fair warning:-)

Annie said...

Way to go Ms. P...throw your momma a wrench just when she thought things were running smoothly.

P.S. Keep breastfeeding. It's worth it and you'll be happy you stuck with it.

The Littles said...

Haha Im am completely jealous that your infant has been sleeping through the night! My almost one year old doesnt even do that! I loved your post it made me laugh!

Anonymous said...

I'm so very sorry. I will never have children.

The Blakes said...

This was a funny post. I don't know what I would do with a kid in the mix. I need my sleep or I go crazy.

☂niki. said...

haha. oh boy.

i love reading your posts about you and baby.

they really do put things into perspective for me.

if miss p is still waking up at all sorts of the night when lovey comes, we can chat online or something...