Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2009 Recap

I feel like this year should really been known as the "Year of Presley". Going back through all of our pictures It pretty much was.



January: I was busy looking like a beached whale. Thanks to Annie, we were able to catch it on film. I had a birthday and turned 22. It also was the month after I graduated from college so I was working a lot and Zach and I were eagerly awaiting Miss P to come.

February: My feet and ankles were so swollen! I wish I would have taken a picture but the by time I had any downtime they usually were up with ice packs on them. Also Jami and Christina worked really hard and threw me a baby shower. It was the best baby shower ever!! We totally scored in the gift department. Thanks!!


March: I had been on bed rest twice. My blood pressure was out of control but I continued to test negative for Pre eclampsia. On March 23, I went in for my weekly checkup and my blood pressure was 160/112. I looked at my doctor and started to cry. I was so nervous that something would happen and then something would happen to our baby. He called the hospital and just my luck everything was really quiet. So he sent me (and my mom)to the hospital, I called Zach and he called everyone in his contact list. At 4 pm. they hooked me up to pitocin. The wait began. By 7 I was asking for an epideral, by 11:15 I was pushing and by 12:29 am Our sweet Presley Denise was born 3 weeks early. She weighed 7 lbs and 5 ounces, was 20.5 inches long and was perfect. We instantly fell in love with her. She looks nothing like the 2 of us which we were totally unprepared for. I thought for sure she would have tons of black hair, brown eyes and have olive complection. Much to our surprise she was blonde, blue eyed and fair skinned.

April: Zach and I were busily trying to figure out how to take care of a baby. Presley was busy modeling for Jenny Biggs. We took a trip up to Utah for my cousins wedding that was the first weekend of May.




May: The Deering family invited us to take one last trip as a complete family before Kyle left on his mission. Presley was a fantastic baby at Disneyland. She was stinking cute her first day in our "Disney" outfit and everyone we passed uttered the words, " Look how cute". It was a successful trip which ended with Miss P's very own Mickey Ears. Zach also had a birthday and turned Old Man... uh I mean 26. It was a rough one for him.




June: Presley was blessed by Zach and some other family members. He gave a beautiful blessing and we were so grateful for the family that surrounded us. Kyle left to serve a 2 year mission in Guatemala. We were able to talk to him on Christmas day and he sounds and is doing wonderful. He is slowly developing a spanish accent. So ladies watch out!



July: Presley was eating NON STOP. So I decided to try Rice cereal for the very first time. I think she liked it.
August: Zach and I celebrated 3 years as man and wife( ha ha which movie is that from?). I cant believe how fast the time flies. He is an amazing husband and I am so lucky to have him. He gave me this fantastic necklace from Anthropologie. It broke the next day. lame. And it was sold out everywhere. SO....I just used the gift card from it.

I also caught Presley flirting with herself in the mirror. Hysterical.


September: I got the crafting itch and made yo yo's for practically everyone I knew.




October: Miss P celebrated her first Halloween as Tinkerbell. She was so adorable. I made the costume myself and I loved how it turned out. Zach thought we needed Wings but that was enough for her. I still crack up everytime I see this face. She never cried. I think it was just the " not the camera again" face.


November: Zach and I were able to attend a Murder Mystery night. Seriously one of the best parties ever. I had so much fun. I also love an opportunity to raid my Sister in Law Christinas closet and play dress up.


December: Presley wore her very first Christmas dress. She opened her very first Christmas present under the tree and liked the wrapping paper more than the toys inside. She was also showered by gift from each side of the family. She tried Chicken Alfredo for the first time and after every bite said " Mmmm."



2009 has been good to us. I hope 2010 is just as good. I just need to get started on planning a Mad Hatter Tea Party for Miss P's first Birthday. Its going to be 2010's party of the year. I only have 3 months left to prepare!

10 comments:

Scott+Tiffany said...

Dear blogging friend,
What a fantastic year and cute family you guys are! Thanks for the hair advice. I'm totally going to try that stuff. We simply must hang out in real life. I'll tell my husband to call yours : )

Tracy said...

Little P is gets cuter and cuter each time I see her. We must make our children play sometime next week.
(we are all sick over here at the Huffaker residence so the play date will have to wait for a little while)

aurora said...

Oh what a great year! You all are such a sweet family. xo

Alexa Mae said...

i love your list!!! so freakin adorable. i cant believe how fast she just grew up right there in those pictures. she is such a perfect mixture of you and zach.

Emily Lauren said...

So fun to read all about your year- what a neat recap. I'm totally doing this on my blog, I love it!

Presley is so cute, I can't believe how big she's gotten. What a beautiful family you guys have.

ConnieB said...

What a lovely year! I don't know what you are talking about- you are one of the cutest pregos I have ever seen!! I love that picture.. well, all of them. Presley is adorable as usual...

Hey- I've been meaning to facebook or email you- I would love to do a shoot for you guys! You would get your own album on facebook-hehe conniebphotography@yahoo.com- email me!

Annie said...

I love recaps! What a great year. Miss P looks so darling in that dress.

Cheryl said...

Happy New Year! Presley looks so adorable with Zack in her pretty red dress. So fun to see all the cute pics!!

The Littles said...

Isnt so crazy how much children can change our lives! It was so awesome seeing you, it had been a while! I love the christmas dress!

Debbie said...

Great way to look back on the year. Fun pictures and fun memories.