Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Don't sweat the small stuff

Remember that post where I declared to the "Blog World" that I was Completely Anal and ridiculous? You would think someone with my "condition" would be OCD about everything. This is completely false. I have organized chaos. I could care less if the toilet paper is under or over. Seriously. I dont really care if people dont push the toothpaste from the bottom instead of the top. Or if it even gets on the cap. GASP! But... Zach does. It drives him nuts. And sometimes I do it on purpose. Shhhh... dont tell.

But hey I have things that bug me too. Like when I vacuum and Zach comes in from working outside and brings all of the grass he just mowed in with him. Or when he trims and shaves his face and his hair is all over the bathroom counter and in all my stuff. Or when I sweap and mop to get rid of the sticky and within seconds someone has dropped something making it sticky all over again. I'm a great cleaner. Most people think I clean ALL the time and that my house shines and sparkles just like the temple. False. I clean at night so that I know my house will actually stay clean for more the 2.3 seconds. That's just the life I have had to adapt to. Sure, I LOVE vacuum lines. They make my giddy like a school girl with a crush on the cutest boy in her class. I hate when I finish vacuuming and Zach and his big feet come trapsing up the stairs and happen to walk all over it, or Zoey running around on it, or Presley dumping her toys everywhere. Hence the vacuuming at night. NO ONE walks on it until morning. Sleep is bliss those nights.

My point is, Im learning. Im learning not to sweat the small things. Im learning that even though I hate toys all over my house that I should be praising the high heavens that I even get to have them at all or be able to have a child. Im learning that maybe instead of poke at Zach and his "OCD's" I should just do it his way. Cause like I said, it doesnt bother me anyway at all. Heavenly Father must sure have a great sense of humor. Having man and woman, polar opposites, coincide with one another for eternity. And then procreated and adding to lifes stress. What a funny joke. But, I really really like it.

8 comments:

Rob and Alexa said...

I'm a night cleaner as well for a lot of the same reasons. You put it very nicely. :) I try not to sweat the small stuff, but man it's so hard.

The Littles said...

Awww life... it is so wonderful and annoying! I have also learned to have a messy home, keep moteration, and not bother with the small stuff! Kids/husbands teach us a lot! ha

ConnieB said...

haha I never thought you were anal or ridiculous- it was funny! When I blog I exaggerate and probably sound one way to people but they just don't get my type of humor. I rag on myself, so what. lol

You are my kind of lady- I clean at night too because that's when I have to live in it... every other time it's Brody's domain, pretty much. He's a mess!

Annie said...

You're cute.

Lars said...

Ha! Sounds just like me! I could care less about the toilet paper or toothpaste as well, but please put your dishes in the dishwasher!

Jami said...

um I just looked at pied piper...I feel simi famous just being related to such a wonderful family (yours of course). They turned out SERIOUSLY amazing!!! I love everything!

Breeann said...

Ok so honestly I am continually amazed at the fact that I feel sometimes that we are identical twins seperated to brother and sisters besides the fact of your ultimate skinnyness and my ultimate fight to try and be skinny haha!! I truly as well am trying to not sweat the small stuff. I use to find myself stressed everyday as I would follow Sophie and MJ around picking up their toys just so they could then walk behind and poor them out. I love the vaccum lines a little too much and somehow they are gone too fast!! Mike is always amazed at how quickly I can go from the happiest person in the world to the most upset person, naturally when all my hard work is quickly ruined by children and husbands!! Does no one understand how hard I try to keep things in order AHHHH! Naturally that is life and a lesson of patience and love continually. I am like you thankful for all of it. Also like you I have learned to clean at Night. I love you so much!
p.s. Presley one who can believe this!!!

Leilani W. said...

Whitney I love this post... great stuff and really cute!!