Friday, August 29, 2008

There Shall Be No Brushing, Scraping or touching of the tongue

Meet Mouthwash...


Mouthwash and I have been good friends pretty much my whole life but Mouthwash and I have never been as close as we are right now. You see being 8 weeks pregnant, I'm nauseous. Yes I have medicine but sometimes the medicine doesnt take away all of the edge. Therefore leaving me to Loathe Brushing my teeth, well not really my teeth, my tongue. I gag. But I swear I have like perma-yucky taste in my mouth.Is that normal? So lately mouthwash has helped more than I ever thought possible.

6 comments:

Emily Lauren said...

Oh the joys of pregnancy. I remember gagging so much while brushing my teeth- I still gag more than I did before I got pregnant. Weird.
I also had a permanent, nasty, fish taste in my mouth for the first few months. I think it was acid reflux and it helped a little to take Pepcid AC.
Good luck. I promise it gets better.

heidi said...

oh i'm so sad for you! good news though... the teeth brushing gag thing usually doesn't last the whole pregnancy and well, it only lasted the first one for me. there is hope!

Busy Bee Lauren said...

I am glad you have at least something to help with the nausea. I am sorry!

emmielou said...

You don't know me, but I stumbled across your blog from Brittany's. I am also pregnant and brushing my teeth used to make me throw up almost every time for the 1st like 12 weeks. Also, I am so right there with you on the nasty taste in your mouth. I thought I was going crazy or something. I am now just over 18 weeks and still have that nasty taste often but not as bad. I'm just glad to know I'm not the only one. And yes, mouthwash is a lifesaver. Good luck and hopefully it will go away soon for ya. Oh, ya have you tried sucking on hard candy throughout the day?

☂niki. said...

So, I haven't been on your blog in forever... I only found out you were prego a WEEK ago! At mutual. K told me. I'm so so so excited for you! Congrats. I'm sorry about the whole gagging/ yucky taste in your mouth. That does not sound appealing! Well congrats again! I can't believe it! Did you hear Mele is pregnant? Hopefully, I will be next!!! Any names?

Anonymous said...

ya gagging while brushing your teeth must be something normal. it happened to me too. try sucking on mints through out the day. I will warn you also, that your saliva through out the day may make you really nauseous also. I wasnt as bad as you sound like you are but i got really nauseous from the taste of my saliva. my dr said that was normal but just thoguht i'd give you a heads up on that. Just have stuff so you have a taste in your mouth :) It does go away though, hopefully. For me it was seriously like the week i was out of my first trimester and i wasnt nauseous anymore or anything. I've been feeling really great lately so there is hope at the end of the next few weeks :)good luck with everything!!!