Saturday, September 6, 2008

To tick or not to tick?

So I go in on Thursday for my first doctors appointment. You know how people have those baby tickers on their blogs? well I cant make up my mind if I should have one. I mean to see such a big number flashing at me everytime I check my blog, Im just not so sure its very motivating. So blog friends, Im turning it over to you. To baby tick or not to baby tick? Let me know what you think.

14 comments:

Debbie said...

All I can tell you is that when Annie left on her mission, she left me with a count down calendar and her mission (for only 18 months) seemed longer than the boys who I didn't keep calendars for!!! I learned my lesson with Annie and was much happier not to have a daily reminder of how much longer before they were home. They only day I enjoyed with Annie's calendar was they day she came home.....so for what it's worth...no go on the ticker.

Jo Dee said...

maybe you could just wait until you are like 3 or 4 months along then it wouldnt be such a big number.

Emily Lauren said...

Tough decision.
I think it would be fun for us to be able see your progress, but worse for you to see it staring you in the face, reminding you how long it is to be pregnant, every time you get on. hmmm.
That would be a good compromise- to wait a little bit, then put it on once you don't have as long. . .
p.s. have you already signed up for babycenter.com? It's an amazing site that sends you weekly emails of your baby's progress- what's developed/developing, how big the baby is, pictures, etc. Its really great, if you haven't already signed up!!

Camille said...

NO, NO, ABSOLUTELY NO. You should NOT have a baby ticker. Especially those ones with the little e-fetuses floating around in the e-embryonic fluid. I hated seeing fetuses in Biology and I hate seeing them today. I would still read your blog, of course, because I stalk people no matter what. But a countdown would be a very bad thing. I mean...since you asked and everything.

Jaron & Abby said...

I think you should because you're already going to be counting down the days anyway because the huge uncomfortable bump on your belly won't let you forget about it for even an hour. Also I always forget how far along people are. The fetus one is a little weird but the one with the baby going across is not bad. That website is a crack up by the way. I was looking at all the count downs you can have and there is one count down until ovulation. You should definately put that one on your blog.:)

j & s said...

whit i say go for it! its fun to see the progress and for us other pregnant girls who forget everything and get dumber by the day.. it helps us to know others are going through it too!! :)

Unknown said...

Just do it!

Annie said...

Ticker for other people's sakes. That way we can know how close it's getting. For your sake, just don't look at the ticker when you visit your own blog.

Jami said...

I just am not about the ticker. The baby doesn't look very real, AND the number is SOO big. I am already ready for you baby to come...if I have to look and see that it is stil like 245 days away!!! Plus...like I said before...the baby in the ticker just doesn't look right!

Full House said...

Kind of agree with Jamin and Momma Vance.

Courtney Vance said...

Hey Whitney, I wish I would of known Zach was looking for a job at Chase, I would of given him a referral. (I work there too!) Oh well. I'm glad that everything worked out!

As fas as the ticker goes you should do what you want but it always seems like you're on the treadmill longer when you have to stare at the timer.

Cheryl said...

Congratulations on the great news of expecting a sweet baby! I love the story your mom told you when you were little about Princess Whitney.(I used to sit in the sink up until a few years ago) I'm glad you are doing better. I think eating lots of little meals and resting sounds like a great plan. It always makes me feel better!!

Jared Westergard said...

I like the baby ticker I think it's cute. I agree with the person that said to wait till your are a few months along. PS sorry I haven't emailed you yet. We do need to get together though soon!

☂niki. said...

To tick! Do you want me to visit you in the hospital or not?! I need some way of knowing... ;)

Congrats on school and Zach's new job! You are busy, busy, with a baby on top of it all. I commend you.