Thursday, September 11, 2008

Were having a baby and its a .... BOY?

Ha ha Just kidding. We dont know what it is. I had my first doctors appointment today. We got to see our baby and I was in complete awe the whole time. It was so fun seeing the thing that is making me so miserable.Zach was a little worried going into the appointment. I told him there was a chance the doctor would perform an exam and he had to stay in the room. While waiting for an available room, Zach had an encounter with the "China" Light. He was totally grossed out at the point. I laughed. I am 10 weeks along and my mom has calculated that Im due April 9th. Which is way earlier than I thought. Zach is convinced its a boy. His exact words were " hey our baby has 3 legs." Here is our sonogram.

19 comments:

Liza said...

I'm so excited for you both! Tell Zach not to worry and that the "China" light still freaks me out too. Tell him to just close his eyes and hold your hand and don't be nervous.

Camille said...

Hmmm...what the heck is a China Light? Just another reason for me never to have children, I am sure.

Bleh.

Jami said...

Whitney...I love him/her already! I really did get warm tingles when I saw those pictures! I can't wait to meet him/her! It is already so cute! Tell Zach I am proud of him..I know he has some problems with openess...BUT he is doing so much better

Debbie said...

oh my, oh my. that is so awesome that you get to see your baby so soon!!!! I love technology!! Even in the "infant" stage, I am loving this baby already.

Jonathan and Sarah said...

Whitney! I just decided to browse at your blog today and I am so excited!! We just had our first appointment last week and I am eleven weeks along and due on April 1st! How cool is that?! We might be in the hospital on the same day. Who is your doctor and where are you delivering? You can see your baby much easier in your ultrasound than you can in mine. So it sounds like you've been sick...? I'm sorry. Well, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

☂niki. said...

so precious. i bet it was such a neat experience!

j & s said...

yay! thats so exciting its already starting to look like a baby! just wait for the next sonogram..that one is even crazier cause it's a full on fetus floatin around. congrats!!!

Lars said...

Whitney i'm so excited for you! Are you feeling better yet? So i came home from work today and saw that Josh and practically shaved Maggie bald. I almost cried. She was so cute with all her fur! even if it was a little hot.

Grandmommy Crum said...

Whitney, this is such exciting news, congratulations!!!! ask your husband, if you have a boy can he be a Jeanne Wright dancer? Im intrested to know what he will say! I know you have a beautiful baby on the way!!! I am so happy for you!

Erin said...

I am so glad you left me a message tonight! I didn't know about your blog either...What's up with that? I have been reading your past entries and just cracking up about the one on mouthwash--been there. Hang in there. Congrats on the ultrasound--I still think it's a girl!

Jonathan and Sarah said...

Yeah after I asked you who your doctor was I took a closer look at your ultrasound and figured it out. He is my doctor too!

Full House said...

Is the doc sure there is just one in there!! Haha

Anonymous said...

Not funny Christina. Not funny.

damonandkami said...

Whitney it was fun to hear from you.. Im new to this whole blog experience which means Im not very good at it.. but anyway.. I can't believe that your prego! Thats so great! Congrats.. keep in touch!

Annie said...

You're so having a girl! :) That first doctors visit is so exciting huh! I'm so happy for you guys.

Unknown said...

So excited for you! Hopefully it is a boy-- boys are so much fun!

Alissa Melody said...

That is so exciting! I so happy for guys!

Cam and Mele said...

Thanks for the congrats girl! I've been the worst blogger, and am WAY past due congratulating you as well!!! Kaitlyn has been keeping me posted every week though. I ask her as soon as she comes in, how you are, how your feeling, and say how cute of a prego your going and probably are already! I'm sorry to hear how sick you've been though!!! I tried not to complain, because I would hear about you and others who were so sick and you even going to the hospital!!
It is comforting to know that I'm not the only one who had the initial reaction of fear. Thanks girl, we'll keep each other posted:)!

Cara Fish said...

So excited! Fun for you guys!