Sunday, December 28, 2008

I guess I forgot to knock on wood

So Christmas morning I was bragging to my sister in law Liza about how I havent been sick yet. I was telling her how amazing it was and usually if I do get sick its really not that bad (well except for pregnancy sick) So I go to bed feeling great that night and BAM the next morning I wake up with a cold! I forgot to knock on wood. So here I am, home. I didnt go to church today because 1. I slept horrible last night, 2. Dont want to give this to anyone else, 3. I Feel terrible. I guess My powerful Immune system I bragged about cannot hold up against 5-6 kids coughing and sneezing on me this last week. I just hope my nose doesnt fall off from being blown so much.

7 comments:

kcandbrookie said...

Hey, i'm sorry that you're sick. I've been like that this past week. I was like you, thinking i couldnt get sick, and then i had my father in law in town and my sister in town and they were both sick and apparently i got it too. No fun. Try gettting a Humidifier for your room, we got one and it helps me sleep better through the night because i can breath through my nose.

Also, i was reading your last blog about the maternity shopping, and let me give you some advice. I bought 1 pair of the jeans that cover your whole tummy and then one with the band that goes around the bottom of your belly. I hate both. But find some that you like and get a few different pairs because by the end of 9 months you're so sick of the clothes you have to wear that each morning you just want to cry because you feel like you have nothing cute to wear. Thats the point i'm at right now. I feel like i wear the same clothes each day... its awful.
Along with that, instead of having dreams of what my baby will look like, i have dreams of fitting back in to normal skinny clothes :) horrible, i know. But what can you do.

Well get better and find clothes that you like, it makes life much happier :)

Liza said...

Oh noooooooooooo!!! I was worried that you were going to get it! I hope that it doesn't last long. Mine seems to be clearing up a little. I think we were all doomed to get it being so close to each other and what not. It was so fun to see you! I miss you already. Hey speaking of missing you...where were you last night. I totally missed you last night. Anyway, I hope you feel better soon!

☂niki. said...

i'm with ya girl. i've been sick since the day after christmas. i rarely ever get sick and when i do, it's usually only for a day and all i need is rest. well i'm on day three!! i was also bragging about my strong immune system and how with a chronic disease, the least that i could have is a strong immune system! huh! guess i'm done bragging! **here's to wishing we both get better!**

Jami said...

OH NO. Prego colds are the WORST!!
Grace is sick with the sniffles too! poor little one!
Also, I agree with kcand brookie...get clothes that you like!
AND you should check out baby style.

Camille said...

Goodness, I hope your nose doesn't fall off, too! And I also hope you have very nice tissues. Three-ply, infused with lotion and aloe...that's the only way to go at times like these.

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Ugh...I hate forgetting to knock on wood. Like for example:

I hate saying "public" prayers. You know...when you get called on in Sunday School or, Sacrament meeting? Anyway, I said to Ted yesterday, "Ah ha! We haven't been called on to pray in forever! Muahaha!" then, *tap tap tap* on the shoulder, "Sis. B*****y, will you say the prayer?" Crap.

Anyway, I am sorry you are sick! Get lots of rest!

Debbie said...

Oh....I'm so sorry that you didn't escape the coughing and sniffing that has been going on over here!!!! It seems like this is one cold that thinks, the more the merrier and everyone is getting it!! Hope it doesn't last long. XOXOXO