I think I am in denial. As much as my belly gets bigger and bigger I cannot fathom wearing maternity clothes. I dont know why I feel this way but I just do. Yesterday my mom and I went Maternity clothes shopping. WORST EXPERIENCE EVER! We first went to Gap Maternity. There were so many choices on pants. Going into this experience I had already made up my mind I will NOT wear the maternity pants with the panel that seriously goes up to your nipples. Will not. So Im looking for jeans that have the smaller band around the waist and maybe even a hidden band. When I put those on I looked like I was wearing grandma elastic pants. The pulled and tugged in all the wrong places. So with fear in my body I tried on the full panel jeans. They were perfect. They fit so much better than any other ones I put on. I WILL NOT be wearing the panel all the way up. I just folded it down and it made me feel so much more comfortable. Well after gap my mom coaxed me into going to Motherhood. Horrible. Horrible. Thats where I had me meltdown. As I was trying on jeans again and they all looked horrific I looked at my mom and said " okay lets go to forever 21." Ahhh... the skinny girl store. We picked up a few tunics and dresses that I will be able to wear with leggings and be fine. It really is so hard adjusting to this growth on my body. When people look at me and say oh your so cute with your belly I just nod and smile but truly Im thinking, are you crazy? Hopefully I will get to that mental state. Hopefully.
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









10 comments:
I still don't feel bad for you!
this is where we should see a picture of you with your belly :) I never wore jeans with the panel. I used the rubber band trick on my jeans. (maybe your mom knows it, if not I will give you more info on that. :)
At least maternity clothes come in your size.. I started out plus sized, and there were no maternity clothes to help me out... best luck on your growing baby belly, by the end you will start to get used to it just in time for the baby to come out.
LOL! You are hilarious! I love the nipple comment. I too finally had to break down and shop from my sisters maternity clothes since I don't have money to get my own. I have avoiding getting maternity clothes for a while but I'm getting SOOO uncomfortable. I bought a pair of jeans a couple sizes bigger that actually have worked and just now I'm doing the rubberband trick with them. Did you used to see people before and think they looked so cute and couldn't wait to be cute prego lady? Yeah, now we know what it feels like.
I am sorry!
I am not looking forward to being pregnant. At least you could go to Forever 21 and get some cute stuff right? (((hugs)))
Merry Christmas!
Whitney! Your belly is soo cute! Just rock that belly! Okay?! haha And yes the crew does have a blog which Ashlee started for us!
You're darling...every little piece of you.
old navy has really cute maternity jeans with short panel and they were only like $15. just wait to you're really big (cause yur not at all!) and then you'll love maternity clothes and scrubby/comfy clothes. ugh...it ends one day right?? :)
Yah no go to Motherhood if you can help it. I saw some cute maternity @ Target a month or so ago. Also, we're lucky in this day and age that the silhouettes of mainstream clothes look like they are meant for pregnant women so you can just about go anywhere. (at least for tops).
Pregnancy is a miracle!!
Ur the crazy one for not seeing how cute that baby bump really is!
Oh, I am sorry for your meltdown in Motherhood! I remember that I had several of those...
And I have a love/hate relationship with the 'belly-panel' pants... later they were the only thing that I could breathe in, and they fit better around my bottom and legs, so only I saw the ugly part. {I think!}
((((hugs))))
Post a Comment