Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Its like the Newspaper

Growing up I really liked to read the newspaper. I liked to see what was happening, did I know anyone in the Obituaries, were the comics funny today and so on. Well I dont get the newspaper and apparently the Tribune doesnt distribute it out anymore. Blogging is like my newspaper. I get up, get breakfast, park myself in front of my computer where I check my email and blogs. I love reading everyones "current events." Its fun to know whats going on with old and new friends, family that doesnt live close or even family that does live close. I was talking to my sister in law yesterday and she was saying how hard it was to blog. She was saying you get your pictures together, think of what to write, and sometimes it takes hours(not consistently) to finally be done with her post. She has the some of the best blog posts out there, how could it be hard. Yes, she has 5 young children but her posts seem like they flow right out her mouth. I love reading about my friend Niki. She is so inspirational. She makes me want to be a better person and her posts constantly remind me to be grateful. Then theres Lauren, author of Busy Bee Lauren, shes pretty much famous. I was checking her blog and for her birthday seriously like 144 people commented. I got a little jealous. How come I am not as popular as Lauren. Okay, I know shes funnier than I, but hello... I still love reading her posts. For instance, she posted about Queens Pizzeria on Main Street and don't think that Zach and I aren't going this weekend. The next blogger is Camille, I truly must go to the bathroom before I read her posts. She's hysterical! She writes beautifully and she makes me feel like I was right there with her through her whole experience. Now I have known Niki, Lauren and Camille for a long time. Niki and I would seriously get down with our black selves in Hip hop class, and Lauren, Camille and I basically went to the same schools from kindergarten to graduation. There are so many other blogs that truly inspire me to be a better person. So heres to ALL of my blogging friends and family. You ALL pretty much rock my world.

14 comments:

Cam and Mele said...

mmm I love Queens.
What a sweet post, I don't know the other girls, but I do love Niki and she's every bit as wonderful as you say!
And so are you! I love reading your blog. I love real blogs, and yours is one of them. A real blog makes you laugh, cry, makes you want to be better, and makes you feel better knowing that someone else is going through the same thing. Keep it up girl!!

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Holy cow, I feel so honored right now. Whitney, YOUR blog is one of the first I check everyday...and then check periodically throughout the day.

I think my blog is lame. Like, srsly. I am so amazed you love mine.

You are a doll :)

Ashlee Martin Smith said...

There is nothing more fulfulling than blog surfing and finding the blog of somebody you know but somebody you didn't know had a blog. Thus, my excitement for leaving you a comment that doesn't have much substance other than, yay for you having a blog!

Jami said...

what??? I don't get a shout out? My blog isn't inspirational to you????

I am offended!

Whitney said...

Jami you did get a shout out. at the end where it says Heres to ALL of my blogging friend and family. YOU pretty much rock my world. Arent you my family?

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Hey Whitney...I found a picture of us from when I was 2. We were in the same dance class. Be prepared for a future post haha!

Emily Lauren said...

Totally agreed. It's crazy how frequently I check these darn things :) And know {even if I don't comment all the time} that your blog is one I always thoroughly enjoy :)
Great post.

logan said...

Whitney thanks so much for the advice. I need all I can get. I have been staying normal with my weight now that its been a good two weeks of throwing up...but if it gets worse i totally want to go on that stuff to stop this craziness. I am so excited that you are so close to having your baby!!!! And can't wait to be done with this all day MORNING SICKNESS!

Camille said...

Hey cool! Thanks for the shout out.

I feel the same way about the other bloggers you mentioned---Niki, who I've never met in real life, is one of my favourite blogging friends ever. And Lauren, I just had no idea how hilarious she was. I always knew who she was, but I didn't really KNOW her. Blogging has opened up my perspective of people exponentially.

Oh yeah. And I'm glad you think I'm funny. It is my goal in life, you know...

Full House said...

Hi there. Wow I was mentioned in your post. I've really made it big now. I was mentioned with some pretty cool fellow bloggers.

Ok so I only spent hours on the post about my Mom because nothing I could come up with would giver her justice.

Loves,

Christina

Brea said...

I love blogging too... and i do the same thing as you do every morning. :)

☂niki. said...

Aww girl... You just melted my heart! Thanks for sharing the love! I LOVE you and your BLOG!

☂niki. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Liza said...

P.S. Whitney, I don't know why it took until this morning, but I just got your message on my phone about viewing my blog. I'm thinking I might not have noticed that I had a message...so sorry. Anyhow, my blog is no longer private and I updated it. Hopefully I can be better. Love you tons!