Well, its Sunday again. Which means No shoes to wear and I wonder what wonderful comments I will get this week from the ladies in my ward. Every week I get... your still here, you havent had her yet, You look so big, blah blah blah. Its those same ladies who ask me every week when Im due. This last week I was able to see the woman in my ward more than just Sunday. I walked into Enrichment on Thursday and was immediately bombarded with really "encouraging" comments and I even had a woman, who is not small by any means, offer to give me her pants because she was losing weight rapidly. I was stunned. I couldnt even reply. I just walked away. Well I replied in my head something like, " Im not going to be like this for very much longer lady and how rude, I wont even fit into your pants because even pregnant Im not as big as you. Really? your pants? I even called my friend the next day to see if that really happened and we just laughed. So, bring it on ladies. What are you going to dish out today?
** Well, It wasnt that bad today. I had people tell me how cute I was and the old men were so sad that I couldnt wear my " super cute" high heels anymore. Apparently my shoes make the men in my ward happy. By no means am I offended when these ladies say things, I just wonder where their filter is**
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Sunday
Posted by
Whitney
at
8:18 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









9 comments:
Oh my gosh!! You are not that big from the pictures I have seen! You are so cute pregnant!!! Don't let anyone tell you different!! And remind me never to visit your ward haha!
The nerve...
I seriously have a hard time understanding how people can be so rude. I feel like they think seeing a pregnant woman gives them the right to speak their mind. What is with that?
i am from ur ward you will nvr know who wrote this but i am srry taht there are ppl like that and i do not even think u r big i look up to you as a role model
Honestly! Let me tell you something important here, I learned this with both of my pregnancies: sometimes people just don't know what to say to you. They are NOT good conversationalist. They don't know how to reach beneath the surface and make meaningful conversation. So when you have an obvious protrusion from your abdomen they go for the easy comment. The same thing goes when you go around with your children doing shopping. I can't tell you how many times I have heard, "wow, you really have your hands full" and they don't say it when my kids are being crazy. They are sitting perfectly still in the shopping cart enjoying a snack or something innocent like that. So like I said, just remember that some people don't know what to say so they go for the easy obvious topic and sometimes say things that are not true or are ridiculous because they are socially retarded. Knowing this helps to not take things offensively and just be humored by their attempts to be sociable.
I am not sure that I know you very well...I think I have only seen you at bridal and baby showers in fact...but I must say don't feel bad! I had this lady say to me at work
Lady: "are you expecting?"
Me: Uuuuhhh....
Lady: "you must be a couple months like 2 or 3?"
Me: Ya I am....
Ps I have only gained like 4 lbs...she is lucky I am pregnant and wasn't having a fat day cause seriously I would have cried...I have learned that people seriously don't know how to talk to people!!
PSS you're adorable pregnant!
you are so funny. people we asking me when i was due like 3 months before my due date because my belly was huge! i understand how annoying it is to be preggo for so long and feel like a giant balloon. but, once you have your baby everyone will comment on how little you are for just having a baby and it'll make you feel better (even though you dont feel small). i promise. it's gonna get better!
Well the good news is...that you are pregnant. There's nothing worse than someone asking you when your baby is due when you are not pregnant. I made that fatal mistake only once and learned to never open my mouth again when I "think" someone might be pregnant!
Oh my dear, I'm sorry. If I wasn't LDS I probably never would be, on account of some of the people in my ward. I totally understand. People are idiots.
(And WTF? Crusty old men getting turned on by your shoes? Awkward...)
you have to love (i mean really hate) the comments. I just laugh b/c most of the women that make silly comments were there once themselves and yet still find a way to stick their whole leg in their mouth. My aunt saw me the other day and said, "well, you are sure looking pregnant." then my mom followed up with, "ya and she's still got 4 months left!" ...seriously, where does it end???!! ha ha.
and girl - don't let anyone get you down... you are tiny and adorable!!!
Post a Comment