Zach and I went camping for the first time since we've been married. My cousin Jami and her husband Spencer called and invited us for a quick camping trip. I, knowing Zach would love to go agreed to the plans. We drove up Saturday afternoon to a campground just beyond Strawberry and set up camp for the night. We dont have camping gear of our own so we had to borrow camping gear from our parents, whom we thank very much. So, if you are already thinking about what to get Zach and I for Christmas... hint hint. Dad Vance let us borrow MY kind of tent. The really easy one you take out of the bag, throw it up in the air and WAH LA your tent is finished. Spencer and Jami were quite jealous when we were done and they were still working. We had a fun night just sitting by the fire eating and talking. This morning Zach and I were incharge of breakfast. When I got this assignment 2 days ago I thought to myself " we need to get cereal and milk and we will call it breakfast." When Zach heard what I was planning he was APPALLED! I guess when you go camping you have to REALLY cook. I obviously didnt get the memo. Zach was then incharge of getting all the "Breakfast made for Campers" items together. We had breakfast burritos that we cooked on a little skillet. We packed up camp and headed off to go swimming in the resevoir after breakfast. To our surprise, swimming in the resevoir was a little harder than we imagined. So we took the easy way out and headed to a river where Jami and Spencer's dog Bella, who is a Newfoundland,which is trained for swimming, could play. Zach and I found out at the river we had a "Swimming" dog of our own. Zoey jumped right in and had a great time. We had a wonderful time being amongst the wild. Enjoy some of the pictures we took.
Sunday, August 12, 2007
Oh the Great Outdoors
Posted by
Whitney
at
4:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










2 comments:
Sounds like you had a great time. No comment on the first picture which I'm sure that Zach will figure out!!!! Zoey must be a real swimmer to get into that merky water!
That's so cute that Zoey went for a swim. That little mut (okay okay so it's a figure of speech...I knows she's pure bred)is so cute.
Zach was right to do breakfast the "real" way...come on Whit, cereal is for everyday consumption not for camping! :)
Very beautiful area. I hope we draw you guys for Christmas this year so we can make all your dreams come true (a little Napoleon Dynamite for you). :)
Post a Comment